Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Prophet

Lightbulb 360 Updates

I would really like to see some kind of map editor come out for 360. If its free or not. maybe us 360 players could download a basic one and updates for new objects and features will be the ones that cost market points not the whole thing. or the whole thing be free so more people play the game IDK lol.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
AtM

So you're going to design 360 maps on your console? And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?

Better idea: Take the top 3 PC community maps, give them a nice Valve once over (or port them straight) and release them free or as DLC on the 360. If we have to pay for it, let the money go to the original mappers.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
ViAn

Wrong place to discuss this.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=477
Go to where you belong.
ViAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Prophet

AtM i dont get whatyour saying to me lol
Old 12-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Prophet

any kind of mapediting would be nice

dont care

we need some new levels atleast

Last edited by rotNdude: 12-24-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: triple post, could have edited
Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Crutchley29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
we need some new levels atleast
This guy needs to be warned, he's done the same in several threads tonight, posting again and again to bump his count up, he never says anything constructive.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
chinpy

Banned
How can you design a map by 360's game pad?
You better buy PC for it.
chinpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
abrasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtM View Post
So you're going to design 360 maps on your console? And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?

Better idea: Take the top 3 PC community maps, give them a nice Valve once over (or port them straight) and release them free or as DLC on the 360. If we have to pay for it, let the money go to the original mappers.
Exactly- thank you and goodnight, nothing more needs to be said.
abrasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
Prophet

yeah i wish i had it for pc
Old 12-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
Seventeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtM View Post
And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?
Ha I remember that! Oh, good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
I would really like to see some kind of map editor come out for 360. If its free or not. maybe us 360 players could download a basic one and updates for new objects and features will be the ones that cost market points not the whole thing. or the whole thing be free so more people play the game IDK lol.
I hear you Prophet, as I am a 360 gamer myself. First of all, be warned when posting this kind of thing. Many if not most PC users are very... PCcentric and will be hostile to the very mention of a 360. The problem of course is that the 360 thread is just for 360 issues... while this one is for PC issues AND general issues applying to both.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen. I've resigned myself to buying the PC version for all my map-editing needs, even though I prefer console gaming. If you want to mapedit, you're going to have to do the same, I feel.

Also I very much like AtM's of porting the top three mod community maps into a pack for 360. Kudos to that, hope it happens.

Last edited by Seventeen: 12-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
Prophet

well thank you seventeen very helpful
Old 12-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
Seventeen

If it's any consolation, Chet Faliszek said in an interview that 360 and PC DLC will be released simultaneously. I was very happy to hear it.

You have to sit through a lot of video to get to it though.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Kabong30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViAn View Post
Wrong place to discuss this.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=477
Go to where you belong.
This is one of the rudest things I've ever seen.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #14
Crutchley29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabong30 View Post
This is one of the rudest things I've ever seen.
It's true though, there are unspoken rules here..and this is one of them, we don't intrude on their patch..they don't intrude on ours, If forums rules were material..this one would be etched in stone..on the highest peak, at the highest point of the world...protected by the damned and several legions of demonic zombie trolls..who wielded flaming crowbars and wearing headcrab plushies from the Valve Store.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
Kabong30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutchley29 View Post
It's true though, there are unspoken rules here..and this is one of them, we don't intrude on their patch..they don't intrude on ours, If forums rules were material..this one would be etched in stone..on the highest peak, at the highest point of the world...protected by the damned and several legions of demonic zombie trolls..who wielded flaming crowbars and wearing headcrab plushies from the Valve Store.
It changes not that fact that it's rude, and stupid. We're all Valve fans here. If it weren't a valid platform it wouldn't have been developed for. The only reason you don't "intrude" is that you think you're too good for it. I'm new here and attitudes like this aren't really endearing me to stick around. Sometimes I forget how much I love the intertubes.

Last edited by Kabong30: 12-24-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead