Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 12:18 AM   #1
Prophet
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Lightbulb 360 Updates

I would really like to see some kind of map editor come out for 360. If its free or not. maybe us 360 players could download a basic one and updates for new objects and features will be the ones that cost market points not the whole thing. or the whole thing be free so more people play the game IDK lol.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
AtM
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
So you're going to design 360 maps on your console? And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?

Better idea: Take the top 3 PC community maps, give them a nice Valve once over (or port them straight) and release them free or as DLC on the 360. If we have to pay for it, let the money go to the original mappers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
ViAn
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Reputation: 1
Posts: 324
Wrong place to discuss this.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=477
Go to where you belong.
ViAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Prophet
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
AtM i dont get whatyour saying to me lol
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
Prophet
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
any kind of mapediting would be nice

dont care

we need some new levels atleast

Last edited by rotNdude: 12-24-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: triple post, could have edited
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Crutchley29
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
we need some new levels atleast
This guy needs to be warned, he's done the same in several threads tonight, posting again and again to bump his count up, he never says anything constructive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #7
chinpy
 
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 103
How can you design a map by 360's game pad?
You better buy PC for it.
chinpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
abrasion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Reputation: 10
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtM View Post
So you're going to design 360 maps on your console? And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?

Better idea: Take the top 3 PC community maps, give them a nice Valve once over (or port them straight) and release them free or as DLC on the 360. If we have to pay for it, let the money go to the original mappers.
Exactly- thank you and goodnight, nothing more needs to be said.
abrasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
Prophet
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
yeah i wish i had it for pc
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
Seventeen
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtM View Post
And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?
Ha I remember that! Oh, good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
I would really like to see some kind of map editor come out for 360. If its free or not. maybe us 360 players could download a basic one and updates for new objects and features will be the ones that cost market points not the whole thing. or the whole thing be free so more people play the game IDK lol.
I hear you Prophet, as I am a 360 gamer myself. First of all, be warned when posting this kind of thing. Many if not most PC users are very... PCcentric and will be hostile to the very mention of a 360. The problem of course is that the 360 thread is just for 360 issues... while this one is for PC issues AND general issues applying to both.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen. I've resigned myself to buying the PC version for all my map-editing needs, even though I prefer console gaming. If you want to mapedit, you're going to have to do the same, I feel.

Also I very much like AtM's of porting the top three mod community maps into a pack for 360. Kudos to that, hope it happens.

Last edited by Seventeen: 12-24-2008 at 04:36 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #11
Prophet
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
well thank you seventeen very helpful
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
Seventeen
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
If it's any consolation, Chet Faliszek said in an interview that 360 and PC DLC will be released simultaneously. I was very happy to hear it.

You have to sit through a lot of video to get to it though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Kabong30
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViAn View Post
Wrong place to discuss this.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...play.php?f=477
Go to where you belong.
This is one of the rudest things I've ever seen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:01 PM   #14
Crutchley29
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabong30 View Post
This is one of the rudest things I've ever seen.
It's true though, there are unspoken rules here..and this is one of them, we don't intrude on their patch..they don't intrude on ours, If forums rules were material..this one would be etched in stone..on the highest peak, at the highest point of the world...protected by the damned and several legions of demonic zombie trolls..who wielded flaming crowbars and wearing headcrab plushies from the Valve Store.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
Kabong30
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutchley29 View Post
It's true though, there are unspoken rules here..and this is one of them, we don't intrude on their patch..they don't intrude on ours, If forums rules were material..this one would be etched in stone..on the highest peak, at the highest point of the world...protected by the damned and several legions of demonic zombie trolls..who wielded flaming crowbars and wearing headcrab plushies from the Valve Store.
It changes not that fact that it's rude, and stupid. We're all Valve fans here. If it weren't a valid platform it wouldn't have been developed for. The only reason you don't "intrude" is that you think you're too good for it. I'm new here and attitudes like this aren't really endearing me to stick around. Sometimes I forget how much I love the intertubes.

Last edited by Kabong30: 12-24-2008 at 09:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hunter Tips: X-box 360 controls confernal Left 4 Dead 15 02-10-2009 09:57 PM
A suggestion on updating console versions of TF2 (well, 360 anyway) B0Q The Orange Box 4 08-22-2008 07:34 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.