Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 12-24-2008, 05:16 PM   #16
Prophet

i agree Kabong30, and once again thnx Seventeen
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #17
phantom5582

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinpy View Post
How can you design a map by 360's game pad?
You better buy PC for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtM View Post
So you're going to design 360 maps on your console? And this is going to be better than the map editor that came with TimeSplitters 2 how?

Better idea: Take the top 3 PC community maps, give them a nice Valve once over (or port them straight) and release them free or as DLC on the 360. If we have to pay for it, let the money go to the original mappers.
I own a 360 and these comments are a little rude and smug imo.

The 360 can make good maps like on Far Cry 2 and Halo 3. Now I would take the TimeSplitters 2 grid map maker for the major parts of the map. For the details, we switch to a Halo 3 or Far Cry 2 style map maker. Thats where one would add ammo and weapon spawn points as well as background items like cars and boxes. The Mapmaker will have some min and maxes on Ammo piles and weapon spawn points. The infected, items, and where the weapons spawn are handled by the AI.

PS: Thank you Kabong30.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #18
phantom5582

I don't think this thread will die so I shall bump it.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #19
funnehman

No other Valve games have included a map editor on their console versions. The PC editors are nothing like what you guys are suggesting anyways, they are much more complicated than a simple drag and drop and draw map editor like TimeSplitters or Starcraft. To put it simply, I can 100% guarantee there will be map maker for the 360 version, like atm said, valve will probably port the top community made maps to 360(whenever the SDK eventually comes out).

Either way, this is in the PC discussion forum, if you want to discuss this with fellow 360 players, post about this in there, I'm not trying to be a prick or biased, it's simply that it's in the wrong forum, and I wouldn't go into the 360 section to talk about PC games, you're just talking to all the wrong people when you put stuff in the wrong section.
funnehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #20
socrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventeen View Post
Ha I remember that! Oh, good times.

I hear you Prophet, as I am a 360 gamer myself. First of all, be warned when posting this kind of thing. Many if not most PC users are very... PCcentric and will be hostile to the very mention of a 360. The problem of course is that the 360 thread is just for 360 issues... while this one is for PC issues AND general issues applying to both.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen. I've resigned myself to buying the PC version for all my map-editing needs, even though I prefer console gaming. If you want to mapedit, you're going to have to do the same, I feel.

Also I very much like AtM's of porting the top three mod community maps into a pack for 360. Kudos to that, hope it happens.
The worst thing about console gaming is that stupid game pad. The controllers on consoles suck when it comes to first person shooters!! Give me that mouse and keyboard anyday.
socrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #21
phantom5582

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrfan View Post
The worst thing about console gaming is that stupid game pad. The controllers on consoles suck when it comes to first person shooters!! Give me that mouse and keyboard anyday.
Thats not really on topic, but I think that a USB mouse and keyboard should be allowed to be connected to the 360 and control the games.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead