Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #9466
compaysegundo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanden95 View Post
Okay I'm sacrificing our final energy charges for this last teleport to the Space Station KBN-456-001. After this teleport we will have no energy left to return to earth. So it better be working on Space Station KBN-456-001.

Report will come in a few minutes.
Senseless, Klingons have overrun SOL System and blocking Steam...
compaysegundo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #9467
Tassman

for germany user:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...5&postcount=11
Tassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #9468
feyn137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marik Bentusi View Post
I'm not sure if everyone in this thread understands why Valve can't just put an easy offline mode in. Steam, at its core, is still Always-Online-DRM. Of course pirates are currently still enjoying their Steam games with cracks released within the first couple of days, but the trend of DRM seems to be the mission to make the security as complex as possible to make cracking a mess, whereas Steam takes care of everything for the customer, effectively reducing piracy by a small amount without having to tackle the impossible mission to make the games completely uncrackable. Part of making the DRM more complex is routing a good chunk of data through servers that aren't as easy to perfectly fake for several scene groups. But as this situation shows, the complexity has its drawbacks.

TL;DR Blame pirates for Always-Online DRM and remember the primary function of Steam from a developer's perspective.

You gotta be joking ! Fact is that the pirates are now enjoying their cracks, while we honest gamers canīt play. Now thatīs what I call sending the wrong message out ! A decent offline mode you can use for cases like this should be taken for granted, so why doesnt it exist ? You canīt tell me thatīs impossible while upho9lding the same level of security.

One simple solution would be a server that tells your game when you want to login that steam is offline, and allow you to play offline till steam works again. As soon as steam comes on again you have to go through the usual account again. That canīt be that hard to realize, and the server canīt cost that much extra. But hey why give honest gamers something, we have already paid for our game after all^^

Fact is they could offer us a solution, and in my eyes they are obligated to offer the customers one ! Someone here brought up the example of a car, that breaks down. Sure, that can happen, but a car company will give you another car till yours is repaired ! Imagine a car company would just shrug and say"car is broken" and dont even tell you when it will work again, you have to go to the body shop every hour to see if its done already. THat is no way to treat a customer ! I am sure most people would just be half as jarateed if valve at least told us what is happening and what they think when it will be fixed. I donīt need guarantees, just an estimate guess and a reason would already be really helpful !

I must say, from what i experience here I will think long and hard before bye again a steam game ! Skyrim was a game i couldnt do without, but in the future if i have the choice between 2 games., one with steam one without, I might decide for the non steam game. If publishers realize their games sell less because of steam service they will think twice before using steam again !
feyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #9469
gc|Spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by compaysegundo87 View Post
Wasn't there an initiative of Ursula van der Leyen (ministery for family affairs) to censor Internet to get more children in future?
Germany's government just wants to censor the internet because they don't like it.
gc|Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #9470
Michl27

mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhh

http://h11.abload.de/img/unbenanntstk3z.png
Michl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #9471
gc|Spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michl27 View Post
Nice wallpaper indeed
gc|Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #9472
JunkMan06

no connection from southern baden/germany. that !
JunkMan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #9473
Screemer

steam mobile connects fine by the way. who needs to play urgently, because his bloodrage would effect real life other ways, should use a vpn (hotspot/expat shield are free to use ie.) to login.

tomorrow i am going to a lan party and i can definitely see what will happen...

€dit: what's really bugging me is that the "offline mode", if you would call it that way, isn't working if you can't login first. that's really ridiculous and far off the meaning of a "offline mode".

Last edited by Screemer: 04-19-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Screemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #9474
Shiko

Yeah. Sothern Germany, no connection since ~4am MET. It sucks.
Shiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #9475
Aethilion

Germany / Osnabrück here, no connection too...

Whats going on there?
Aethilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #9476
Kanden95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanden95 View Post
Okay I'm sacrificing our final energy charges for this last teleport to the Space Station KBN-456-001. After this teleport we will have no energy left to return to earth. So it better be working on Space Station KBN-456-001.

Report will come in a few minutes.

Alright I had some time to test it out now. I have good news and bad news for you.

The good news: Steam is working on Space Station KBN-456-001.

The bad news: Playing for a longer time is no option on Space Station KBN-456-001 since...

THERE ARE NECROMORPHS EVERYWHERE. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
Kanden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #9477
Lightspeed

Als Entschädigung für die Downtime will ich (wir) Informationen zum Entwicklungsstand der Half Life Serie.
Klingt fair, oder?

As compensation for the downtime I (we) want some information about your status of Half Life Series.
Sound fair, doesn't it?
Lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #9478
FU5E

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaywalkerEH View Post
It is a German space station, so no wonder
LOL!
FU5E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #9479
LoboDeLaLuz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr4nka View Post
For all of those still experiencing the Problem regarding logging in in Germany. A possible workaround is: Install HotSpot Shield, activate it, log into steam, deactivate HotSpot Shield again.
Thanks for the hint, it works.
LoboDeLaLuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #9480
compaysegundo87

I always known it: They hate us germans, the complete world hates us, this is the best evidence!
compaysegundo87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion