Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defense Grid: The Awakening

Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
Echo

Hidden Path Entertainment
Demo now avaliable on Steam!

There is now a free demo for Defense Grid up on Steam. Tell your friends!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/18510/

Last edited by Echo: 01-14-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Insomniac55

Cool! I'm posting this from inside the demo using the steam overlay's browser. Seems to be running smoothly apart from one thing: When you open the steam overlay when in the main menu, the different options are rapidly selected and unselected making an extremely irritating ticking noise while I post this. Not sure if this is your problem or Valve's, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Pretty fun game, I may buy it soon. Sadly it's $30 due to the exchange rate in Aus

Oh well, it's still cheaper than games in stores.
Insomniac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac55 View Post
Cool! I'm posting this from inside the demo using the steam overlay's browser. Seems to be running smoothly apart from one thing: When you open the steam overlay when in the main menu, the different options are rapidly selected and unselected making an extremely irritating ticking noise while I post this. Not sure if this is your problem or Valve's, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Pretty fun game, I may buy it soon. Sadly it's $30 due to the exchange rate in Aus

Oh well, it's still cheaper than games in stores.
Yeah, currencies are going crazy. I haven't tried out the steam overlay browser yet, I'll look into it.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
Insomniac55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
Yeah, currencies are going crazy. I haven't tried out the steam overlay browser yet, I'll look into it.
It's not the browser itself causing the problem, rather just using the steam overlay at all when in the main menu (the level select menu works fine)

On a side note.. I just beat the last demo level without losing any cores! Went way better than the last time I beat it. (lost heaps)
Old 01-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac55 View Post
On a side note.. I just beat the last demo level without losing any cores! Went way better than the last time I beat it. (lost heaps)
Congrats! What did you do differently?
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Insomniac55

Mainly just used a different maze design, and spread my laser towers out much more (and used less of them).

Instead of slowing them down at the section to the right of the first tower placement sections, I only sparsley populated that area with towers and used towers to bring them back past my very first little section of towers, which I upgraded a fair bit. It got a bit frustrating because after I managed that I decided to try the same strategy again, but try and save more resources. One of the crashers escaped with a 1 pixel wide bit of health... ARGH! Thank goodness for the backspace key.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Defense Grid: The Awakening