Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
PoopLooser

Post Feb 24 - Patch Notes

Found this on the PC forum - http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=809863

A free update for the Xbox 360 version of Left 4 Dead is available now via Xbox Live. The update includes a host of fixes, tweaks and new features, including enhancements to Versus mode for improved competitive play. The full change list is:

General
Fixed Survivors being able to climb surfaces marked for versus infected only
Fixed a class of SurvivorBot bugs dealing with rescuing downed players
Players can no longer grab ladders while flying through the air after a Tank punch
Shooting near a car with an alarm that has already fired the alarm will no longer make chirping noises
Fixed mini-gun physics exploit
Fixed propane tanks (and other physics objects) causing players to fall through elevators
Fixed rare achievement bug issues
Fixed several map exploits

Versus Changes
Added HUD elements to show status of other infected players
Fixed instance where a Survivor changing to the infected team would be attacked by infected bots
Normalized special infected melee damage
Fixed exploit where infected players could run away and teleport back to gain health
Players can only change teams once per map
Players can't change teams while other players are still loading
Tank spawns at the same % through the map for both teams in versus mode
Made the Tank and Witch spawn directly on the escape route
Increased chance of getting the Tank or Witch
Fixed team swap issue

Hunter
Easier to pounce a Survivor who is meleeing
Increased Minimum damage a Hunter pounce does

Smoker
Fixed Smoker tongue tolerance
Smoker now has to be killed or the tongue destroyed for the tongue to break
Survivors cannot bash someone off the tongue until the Survivor being pulled is paralyzed or hanging
Tongue attacks that fail to paralyze or hang a Survivor will use the shorter ability delay timer
Fixed cases where the ability timer was not using the correct time
Fixed case where you could point at a Survivor but not register a tongue hit
Fixed Smoker tongue not targeting and landing properly through PZ ghosts
Smoker tongue does damage every second while dragging paralyzed Survivors

Tank
Bashable objects now appear with a red glow
Tanks hitting a car with an alarm disables the alarm permanently
Tank frustration timer is only reset by hitting Survivors with rocks or fists
Reduced autoshotgun damage against Tanks

Witch
Witch spawns at the same % through the map for both teams
Avoids spawning within a certain % of the tank
Fixed an exploit where the Witch could be woken up and tricked into attacking Survivors

Last edited by PoopLooser: 02-24-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Pauloselhombre

This is mostly inaccurate. The smoker tongue can still be detached instantly with melee, and does no drag damage, hunter damage doesn't seem to have changed, insta kill spots are still functioning. I could go on, but the basic gist is that the post on the pc forum is frankly just wrong. If that's the official announcement then seriously, it's somewhat a facepalm moment for valve, a real big one.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
PoopLooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauloselhombre View Post
This is mostly inaccurate. The smoker tongue can still be detached instantly with melee, and does no drag damage, hunter damage doesn't seem to have changed, insta kill spots are still functioning. I could go on, but the basic gist is that the post on the pc forum is frankly just wrong. If that's the official announcement then seriously, it's somewhat a facepalm moment for valve, a real big one.
I agree with the smoker tounge being detatched and no drag damage, but I played a few rounds and the instant kills didn't work. Not to mention his range being reduced, found out on a familiar rooftop that no longer turned red when aimed at a Survivor.

The Hunter's damage from a pounce is almost instant now, it doesn't take 2 to 4 seconds for it to start ticking anymore. I don't know about his melee swipes, but his movement in the air is more controlled now aswell.

Is that all you've got to claim its incorrect? You said mostly, but only claim a few of these to be wrong. I'm about to play another game so I'll have to see again what's changed.
PoopLooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
XIII

Pretty sure that is the full list of updates across all patches for the PC, which doesn't directly apply to the 360's recent patch. The 360 should eventually get them all, but not necessarily all at once. It seems that we have received a few off of that list so far.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
PoopLooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII View Post
Pretty sure that is the full list of updates across all patches for the PC, which doesn't directly apply to the 360's recent patch. The 360 should eventually get them all, but not necessarily all at once. It seems that we have received a few off of that list so far.
Well, it was linked on the PC forums. If you'd click the linked source I provided in the OP, you see this posted there.

Last edited by PoopLooser: 02-24-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
rpalace

OP list must have been sent to IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/956/956681p1.html
rpalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #7
PoopLooser

Quote:

Looks like IGN.com posted it.

Still inaccurate?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
Pauloselhombre

Well, fingers crossed that we might get a few more of them pretty soonish. Except the hunter slash damage nerf, that can take as long as it likes
Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
rpalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopLooser View Post

Still inaccurate?
I didn't notice that any of the popular map exploits were fixed.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
Pauloselhombre

Quote:

Still inaccurate?
Yes, it is still inaccurate. Why would IGN posting it make any difference to that?
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #11
Craysh

I'm going to try and go through and update my Upcoming Patch Information thread with everything that we got.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
PoopLooser

Quote:
Yes, it is still inaccurate. Why would IGN posting it make any difference to that?
Pretty much states that it's official. Ign.com is a prestigious website, seriously doubt they'd post up the patch notes if they were false standards. And it seems like you're the only one coming up with these issues of them not working. I've joined several games, seems like most of all the notes are applied and function in-game. Aswell as every other player in the game see's it the same way, working as intended according to the patch notes.

To mention one of your previous posts about taking as long as they want to nerf the Hunter slash damage. Sounds like a lot of these fixes irk the exploiters, griefers, and cheaters. So why are you taking such offense to posted patch notes? You're driven to post every reply saying the patch notes are false.

Last edited by PoopLooser: 02-24-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
Jacklatics

We aren't getting one big patch we will be getting several patches. So far all I can see this patch has done is changed the visual display on versus. I know you can still insta kill as I did it on NM a few minutes ago and the blocking elevator can still be done. Not sure about the breaking door on NM3 as I've played against two teams now that have tried it and not been able to do it although I haven't tried it myself
Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
PoopLooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklatics View Post
We aren't getting one big patch we will be getting several patches. So far all I can see this patch has done is changed the visual display on versus. I know you can still insta kill as I did it on NM a few minutes ago and the blocking elevator can still be done. Not sure about the breaking door on NM3 as I've played against two teams now that have tried it and not been able to do it although I haven't tried it myself
Where was the instant kill spot? Paul said the one at NM5 still works, but I'm referring to the common NM3 one during the cresendo. I havn't even had a chance to play an entire game to NM5 today due to server shutdowns, but that spot on NM3 no longer seems to work. Tried several times now.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #15
rpalace

Quote:
Where was the instant kill spot? Paul said the one at NM5 still works, but I'm referring to the common NM3 one during the cresendo. I havn't even had a chance to play an entire game to NM5 today due to server shutdowns, but that spot on NM3 no longer seems to work. Tried several times now.
I tried the instakill spot by the satellite on NM5 and it did little to no damage.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead