Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Earth 2160

Old 03-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
tonyfordz

Earth 2160 Loading Error

I am wanting to ask if there is a fix for the Earth 2160 loading error as I just started getting this & didn't when I first bought it on steam. When I install it via steam & try to load it, it tells me the following in a popup error...

There was an error authorizing your Earth2160 install.
ERR:Failed to get SteamIS.
Please go to:
http://support.earth2160.com
for help solving this problem

-----------------------
Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php was not found on this server
-----------------------

Right well I tried to go to this so called support link which is totally dead so that wasn't an option as you can see above. I restarted my PC thinking maybe it was a glitch & that didn't work. I deleted local content, and re-downloaded it go the same error.

So now what I really like this game & wanna play but I am not able to no matter what I do. I considered downloading a copy from my friend who has retail but this games doesn't show you the CD-Key information in which should have come with the game. I sure as hell do not want to buy it again even if it is cheap I am on a limited income so that's not an options.

Any ideas?

This isn't the only game not working...
Old 03-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
jabato

Earth 2160 is broken in steam(windows vista 64 bits). I tried to contact support but as always they do not help with third party games.
jabato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
tonyfordz

I am using XP Pro as I would rather be castrated with a butter knife then put that crap on my PCs, but yeah I know it is but when I bought it I didn't have that problem & a real shame cause I love this game even though it very old.
tonyfordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 AM   #4
Zinnober

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=797874

Same Error
Zinnober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
car-zone

Earth 2160 Loading Error

I am wanting to ask if there is a fix for the Earth 2160 loading error as I just started getting this & didn't when I first bought it on steam. When I install it via steam & try to load it, it tells me the following in a popup error...

There was an error authorizing your Earth2160 install.
ERR:Failed to get SteamIS.
Please go to:
http://support.earth2160.com
for help solving this problem

-----------------------
Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php was not found on this server
-----------------------

Right well I tried to go to this so called support link which is totally dead so that wasn't an option as you can see above. I restarted my PC thinking maybe it was a glitch & that didn't work. I deleted local content, and re-downloaded it go the same error.

So now what I really like this game & wanna play but I am not able to no matter what I do. I considered downloading a copy from my friend who has retail but this games doesn't show you the CD-Key information in which should have come with the game. I sure as hell do not want to buy it again even if it is cheap I am on a limited income so that's not an options.

Any ideas?

car zone

Last edited by car-zone: 04-27-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: signature
Old 04-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
tonyfordz

Works Fine Now

Hey,

I was having problems when I posted this a while back but I assume that its working fine for people now because it did the last time I downloaded it on my Windows XP Pro SP3 partition which was a week or so ago.
tonyfordz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Earth 2160