Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 03-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Chris30

failed to run install script

This message i get when i try to install etw from DVD.
The window "steam setup" pops up, it says it install system programms( ehh?? ), after awhile the error msg occurs.

Also i dont see any etw entry in my games list on steam, i already registered the key. CAn anyone help me out?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
BurtonJ

Valve
Please try running Steam with the following:

Steam.exe -install d:

(eg in case the DVD is in the D drive)
BurtonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Chris30

hi thank you that helped me at least 1 step forward. After typing the cd key in and loading some files i get an error message that the steam servers are down. My game is already registered at Steam and i got the boxed version, for what do i need the steam servers to continue installing. Btw it says ... try after some minutes again..., when i do so, i always have to retype the Key .

Thank you
Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
Chris30

i tried everything it dont install . I tested downloading the demo and it works, it is placed in the my games menu. But then when i try to install the full game with the command Steam.exe -install d: , that leads over and over again to the server exhausted problem. After that "my games" list is empty, so even the demo is out of the list without doing anything by myself.

Please anyone?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
BurtonJ

Valve
Please follow these instructions.
BurtonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #6
marco076

i have the same problem, when i try to install etw is appear a window witth Failed to run script....

what can we do?????
Old 03-04-2009, 04:16 AM   #7
Chris30

did that without success, i even formated disc + reinstalled windows. Steam recognizes that i registered 2 keys for ETW, but my game list keeps empty and i still get the server busy error when i try to install it via steam.exe -install D: .
I went through the connectivity tool, all ports are open. Demo download works fine.
I dont believe in a connectivity problem, it seems to be a software issue.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #8
Chris30

marco076: try in windows start -> run -> pathToYourSteam.exe -install D:
Where D is your DVD volume.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
marco076

No way... he say that dont possible to found the file pathtoyoursteeam.exe....
Old 03-04-2009, 05:26 AM   #10
Chris30

No, dont type in pathtoyoursteeam.exe.
You have to type in the path where the file steam.exe is located on your harddrive, ie c:/programs/steam/steam.exe -install D:

Alternatively you can make a shortcut of your steam.exe and write in the properties of the shortcut -install X , where X is your DVD Drive!
Old 03-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #11
Mizzingtonbear

I lolled hard

I was so impatient waiting for my copy ot arrive this morning that i drove to asda, picked up a copy, drove home and it was in my postbox :@
so now i have two copies, but on the plus i haven't had any problems installing
Deepest sympathy to those of you having problems, it really sucks when you get all excited, prepare and cancel anything that would stop your gaming time and then the flipping thing doesn't work.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #12
marco076

now i'm trying to my office computer, and here is working... but steam start a download too long...............
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
WaXtoll

I have same problem. When I try to activate ETW Steam says "Steam servers is down", but i can download demos, or install HL2 etc.

2 BurtonJ I do everything, disable my antivirus, firewall, close ll progrmms from Windows task Mnager, BUT it didn't help me to activate this.... GAME. I try it 12 hours!!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:54 AM   #14
marco076

Question

me too...... i installed the game in my computer office and work...

i dont know why at home doesn't work...
i tryed everything..
Old 03-05-2009, 04:38 AM   #15
WaXtoll

LOOOL! I try to activate game on my second computer /and its work/
this great, BUT nVidia GeForce FX5600XT is too poor for this game.

today I buy second ETW,reg new Steam acc. and again try to activate in my more powerful computer. But AGAIN this message "Steam server is unavailable. Your computer is either currently unable to reach the steam servers, or the service may be temporarily disabled. Please try again later."

I go mad!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Empire: Total War