Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Knights of Honor

Old 03-19-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
derfalpha

Talking Great Game!

Anyone else thinks this is a great game?

It does have its downsides, especially as your empire gets bigger (spy infiltration the most prominent problem).

The upsides are great. Graphics actually work! Who needs abstract poorly textured 3D models? It gives you a good feeling of how to disperse your armies to deal with threats, intercepting armies and such.

8/10 from me.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:20 AM   #2
Marloto

I've never heard of this game before :/
Old 05-20-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
Ķă!ŋ

I was browsing the forums and saw this one had only one thread...

so really, i am just pitty posting lol!

never heard of the game until now . . .
Ķă!ŋ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #4
shell808

I have the game too, and I think it's great.
The game is somewhat a simplified version of CIV and in realtime, in a medieval setting.

But I think the game needs more political possibilities and unique buildings. And a decent family tree.
Allthough I don't make any illusions that they will make a new version. I had to look very long to find the game.
shell808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
Kalev

Thumbs up

Highly underrated game, should have got more media attention. Probably because of the poor (though still great) graphics. Another reason is that both KoH and Rome: Total War were released at the same time. RTW had notably better graphics, richer (not in all ways!) gameplay, better advertisment and the most important - two succesful games of the same series were already released. :-)
Kalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:13 AM   #6
Shealladh

Definately one of the best games I've played in 10 years, for that matter been playing since this was released in europe. Took way to long to get a local copy in retail shops.

Alot of the appeal is the 2D garphics for me, the community has expressed alot of interest if a sequal, yet I fear it has fallen on deaf ears because the IP owner either wants to build the next WoW killer or some other piece of we won't play.

Sad, but the good news is alot of people are finding this great game and still enjoying it years after it was made. So it has alot of staying power, give it a go!
Shealladh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:13 AM   #7
Roghain

This IS a great game. It is perfect fro when you do not want to invest a decade of your life playing any Tota War game. Quick and easy.

As to the spies becoming a problem: having a 5star spy back at the court sorts them right, no problems.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
BIG R

What kind of person "pitty posts"?

Most of us either play the game, or are deciding if we want to buy it. Why waste our time?

That said....this game RULES!
BIG R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
Homemaster

I bought this on GG so my Steam friends wouldn't see I had bought yet another game. I feel stupid now.
Homemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #10
Thraka

One thing I love about this game (well I have non steam version from ebay super cheap) is that it runs on lack-luster hardware and is great for when you have time to yourself and no internet access to play other games with buddies. Replayability is awesome because you can choose the general time period you play and also the kingdom you play as which always changes the game throughly.

I used to skip the individual fighting and have it auto resolve because it would take a while and sometimes I would have fight after fight. But eventually I grew to love that aspect of the game.

The only thing lacking is a true multiplayer option where another person could be one of the kingdoms. Games seem to last around 10 hours for total win, and I've played some great strategy games with friends for that long before. If they had an ingame save option for multiplayer, long multiplayer games wouldn't be a problem at all! It's a shame it doesn't have full multiplayer.
Thraka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
soth007

Love this game - I only wish the AI was harder.
soth007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Deusmano

Quote:
Originally Posted by soth007 View Post
Love this game - I only wish the AI was harder.
Yeah, the best part of the game is starting out as Trebizond or Jerusalem (1200's for Jerusalem) and just struggling to survive amidst multiple AI attacks...

but once you're settled in and you have one true citadel (town that has all of the fortification options as a refuge) then it's ridiculously easy and it's just a time crunch.

The actual Knights of Honor forum (do a google search for this, should be black sea studios forums or something) has mods to increase the difficulty, and patch 1.05 does make it harder, but the developers themselves said they designed the Knights of Honor AI to merely "entertain" the player, rather than be hell-bent on their destruction.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #13
tonaga

Thumbs up

i would love to see a gameing company to make a newer version of this game with better graphic's and maybe a MMO, but this game is good as is. 8/10 for me.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
Mopster

Bhought this game at release, very good game, recommended :-) Especially at this sale price.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:41 AM   #15
Praylak

KoH

I just recently repurchased this game on Steam as well. You can't go wrong with this one. The 1.05 patch seems to work fine and does make a significant difference in difficulty I find.

Some will argue that MTW2 is a more realized version of a medieval simulator, but I beg to differ. KoH has allot to offer in terms of gameplay and fun. I especially like being able to choose from over 100+ factions to play. Also I think relegion, rebellion, diplomacy, and province development are modelled much better in KoH.
Praylak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Knights of Honor