Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Railroads

Old 04-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
lordbloodrain

holiday scenario with steam version?

hello,

did somebody try to download the holiday scenario pack and play it with the steam version? i tried but seems not to work ...
Old 10-03-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
The Rog

I tried too, same problem...
Is there a fix for this?
The Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:54 AM   #3
icedude904

no didnt download it srry
icedude904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
johnsolo

Download the map pack from the Sid Meier's Railroads site, then unzip the file to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's railroads\assets" directory. The unzipped content will be in the assets\custom assets directory (so just delete the custom assets directory if you want to remove this and any other custom scenarios you have installed).
Old 12-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Saxster

I tried everything I could think of/find help on to get that scenario to run with the Steam version of the game, but to no avail.

Example: http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index....roubleshooting

I'm running Vista 64 and yes, I installed the 3GB Enabler2 and attempted to run in XP compatibility mode.

Last edited by Saxster: 12-29-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Saxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
spesimen

no luck for me either. shows up in the menu, but crashes when i try to run the scenario.

had same result with one of the custom maps from smrsimple..
spesimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
vzbob

holiday scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxster View Post
I tried everything I could think of/find help on to get that scenario to run with the Steam version of the game, but to no avail.

Example: http://eric.bkbobby.com/media/index....roubleshooting

I'm running Vista 64 and yes, I installed the 3GB Enabler2 and attempted to run in XP compatibility mode.
The holiday scenario from the Sid Meier's Railroads site seemed to have a few problems with a lot of people and different windows versions.
It has been re-written and posted here http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=688 and it runs fine on the CD version.

Last edited by vzbob: 04-07-2012 at 04:49 PM.
vzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
runtheplacered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzbob View Post
The holiday scenario from the Sid Meier's Railroads site seemed to have a few problems with a lot of people and different windows versions.
It has been re-written and posted here http://eric.bkbobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=688 and it runs fine on the CD version.
I guess I'm an idiot but I can not seem to sign up for that site. I answer the questions, click submit, and then it goes nowhere. I might be answering the spam question wrong "What engine is on the game start screen". I launched the game up and the first train shown is a 4-4-0 American. But that's not taking, however it's not actually telling me I'm wrong anywhere, either. Anyone have any ideas?
runtheplacered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
runtheplacered

Turns out my answer is wrong but also it won't take a Gmail or Hotmail account.. so I guess I'm double screwed.
runtheplacered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Out2lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtheplacered View Post
I guess I'm an idiot but I can not seem to sign up for that site. I answer the questions, click submit, and then it goes nowhere. I might be answering the spam question wrong "What engine is on the game start screen". I launched the game up and the first train shown is a 4-4-0 American. But that's not taking, however it's not actually telling me I'm wrong anywhere, either. Anyone have any ideas?
FYW the answer is just 'American'

Took me a while to figure it out, now I have to wait to be accepted as a user, its a tad over the top for security me thinks, 4 anti bot questions and then admin approval needed...

I hope its worth it...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #11
n8mahr

Anyone got a fix for this one ? @Out2lunch: Does this "fixed" Scenario work? I did buy Railroads ONLY because of this holiday scenario..

EDIT !!!

After searching around the ´net for hours, I came across the Sid Meiers Railroads Intercontinental (SMRI) Mod, which was mentioned in some other thread here @ the steam forums.
It includes the holiday scenario with a fixed xml (which seems to cause the crashes)!!! It works, I have played it for half an hour without any crashes.

What to do : delete all old previously installed versions and make an absolutely clean install of Railroads (steam version). Get the SMRI mod v. 1.01 at ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/sid-meiers...tercontinental

and follow it´s installation instructions.

Works fine for me, win7 64bit system (but only 2gb ram)

2nd Edit:
The game still crashes, but only after several hours of play and then only because I tried to change waggons on a train unloading. Just don´t

And I just have to add that the forum-guys at http://eric.bkbobby.com/forum/ are paranoid nerds. While they are absolutely not obliged to share their data with everyone (incl me), their behaviour is totally ridiculous - rejecting every email address / provider known to me including my university mail account.
Well, if everyone got past their "do not disturb" line of applicant harassment, let me know..

Last edited by n8mahr: 11-18-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: solution!
n8mahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #12
vzbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8mahr View Post
And I just have to add that the forum-guys at http://www.sidmeiersrailroads.net are paranoid nerds. While they are absolutely not obliged to share their data with everyone (incl me), their behaviour is totally ridiculous - rejecting every email address / provider known to me including my university mail account.
Well, if everyone got past their "do not disturb" line of applicant harassment, let me know..
Well I see that the only paranoid nerd is you, and If you had of read the registration agreement properly and thoroughly you would seen what E-mail accounts are acceptable and what are not. University accounts are used by just as many spammers as genuine people as they access them via Proxy Servers. Spammers are even coming via this Steam Forum as they are able to register here with no problems and they search for links to other websites to attempt to register on.

A lot of People are still joining the site to this day. And as for spammers and spambots I guess that you do not or have never run a Forum/Blog or Website where spammers and spambots can register or post in to see just how much of a problem it is these days.

All you had to do was read what was in front of your nose and you would have seen options to your registration problems, but I see that you have totally missed that part. But then in the end it is totally up to you if you register or not.

Also SMRI Creates more problems than you will ever know as it was never fully completed. It was pushed out by the Person who made it and then when the problems started to occur they were never fixed either to this day. The intercontinental mod also makes it so you can not play any other custom made maps because it adds files that conflict with the game.

Last edited by vzbob: 04-07-2012 at 04:51 PM.
vzbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Railroads