Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies

Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
houndeyex

Get Money from your Zen Garden while you do other things

I decided early on that sitting around in my Zen Garden, waking up the snail, clicking on coins, watering rows and rows of plants... was all pretty boring. So I wrote a little program that helps you take care of your Zen Garden, while you go do other things.

More info and a video about it here:
http://www.codefromjames.com/wordpress/?p=35

Direct link to video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmOy4vJ7A5A

It takes over your mouse while it's working, so it's perfect for letting it run while you're at work, out for a jog, asleep... whatever you do while you're not at your computer. Just move the mouse to get control back!

Make sure you have the Zen Garden up and the game running in windowed mode before you start it. If you're skeptical click the "Simulate" link at the top of the program to make it not actually click, but just move the mouse around.

Let me know what you think! I'm open to all kinds of feedback. Enjoy!

Oh, one more thing... right now this only works on the first scenery set. I can add the others later if people like this.

Last edited by houndeyex: 05-13-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Furyo

Volunteer Moderator
Kudos for the engineering creativity
Furyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #3
BS_1

Just feed the snail some chocolate.

It lasts pretty long.
BS_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
in.meinem.turm.

Wow this program just took my fertalizer instead of the watercan to water my Plants. That got expensive.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
houndeyex

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.meinem.turm. View Post
Wow this program just took my fertalizer instead of the watercan to water my Plants. That got expensive.
Seriously? Can you send me a screenshot of your garden? The program works based on fixed positions. Sorry about your fertilizer
Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
in.meinem.turm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndeyex View Post
Seriously? Can you send me a screenshot of your garden? The program works based on fixed positions. Sorry about your fertilizer
it's okay. I had enough money to rebuy it.

I have the standard zen-garden with every buyable and findable goody (chocolate).

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8581/zengarden.jpg

The Pointer is maybe 2-5 pixels too far on the right. That way the program grabbs the fertalizer instead of the water.

I also sold my flowers to get my wisdom tree tall enough for the achievement.

Extras: golden can, fertalizer, bug spray, music box, chocolate (can be found in the other levels once you have the snail), glove, "sell a plant", and the Wheel Barrow
Except the chocolate everything can be bought at Daves Shop.

Plus the arrow that leads to the other gardens (Aquarium, Night Garden or Wisdom Tree)

Last edited by in.meinem.turm.: 05-14-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #7
in.meinem.turm.

I just uploaded 2 pictures of the other gardens.

Aquarium: Only for aquaic plants, I encircled the places where they can be places (in case your monitor isn't bright enough to see it properly.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4537/aquariumm.jpg

Aquaic plants don't need to be watered. Only fertalizer, music or bugspray. once they are happy and glowing they can be sent back to the normal zen garden and will drop coins there.

Night garden:
it is for mushrooms. They need to be watered, fertalized and music or bug spray. once they are happy and glowing they can be moved in the normal zen garden and will drop coins. Or they drop it in the soil under them (the angle is about 120°)

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2038/nightgarden.jpg

I hope these images will help you.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Zorlac

Wouldn't this be considered illegal? As in against the terms of service of steam? I'm not asking to be a rat here, I'm asking out of curiosity.
Zorlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
Pirateguybrush

Banned
Why? It's a single player game with no online leaderboards. You're only cheating yourself with a program like that. Although money collection is a tedious task, so this is a handy program.
Pirateguybrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
houndeyex

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.meinem.turm. View Post
it's okay. I had enough money to rebuy it.

I have the standard zen-garden with every buyable and findable goody (chocolate).

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8581/zengarden.jpg

The Pointer is maybe 2-5 pixels too far on the right. That way the program grabbs the fertalizer instead of the water.

I also sold my flowers to get my wisdom tree tall enough for the achievement.

Extras: golden can, fertalizer, bug spray, music box, chocolate (can be found in the other levels once you have the snail), glove, "sell a plant", and the Wheel Barrow
Except the chocolate everything can be bought at Daves Shop.

Plus the arrow that leads to the other gardens (Aquarium, Night Garden or Wisdom Tree)
Okay, cool I see what the problem is. I don't own the wheelbarrow yet, and it moves the tools when you have that it looks like. I'll try to come up with a fix for this. Thanks for the screenshot.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
houndeyex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlac View Post
Wouldn't this be considered illegal? As in against the terms of service of steam? I'm not asking to be a rat here, I'm asking out of curiosity.
I thought about that too. But I saw another thread about people using a RAM analyzer to directly hack the values of stuff like amounts of Sun. That's certainly cheating, I think.

All this program does is click on things for you in rapid succession. It doesn't seem like quite the same level of cheating. It's more like letting you be lazy.

Also, don't forget about the "Simulate" mode. If you're not sure where your clicks will line up, give it a run in Simulate and you can see the mouse move.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
houndeyex

Hey everyone, I updated the program to fix the bug that was using fertilizer. The new point is a happy medium that will work for the watering can regardless of your tool set. It only works on the original Zen Garden right now. Turn on simulate mode and make sure your points line up right.

Version 1.02
http://codefromjames.com/apps/GardenFarmer.zip
Old 05-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #13
NiteCyper

It doesn't detect the game running for me.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
houndeyex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteCyper View Post
It doesn't detect the game running for me.
I'm assuming you have the Steam version of the game. What operating system are you using? Do you know what the process name is for the game? My executable is PlantsVsZombies.exe, but the game shows up in the task manager as popcap1.exe

EDIT: Actually, I lied. The process is popcapgame1.exe

Last edited by houndeyex: 05-14-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #15
Stormhawke4107

Thanks alot for taking the time to make this great app !
Stormhawke4107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Plants vs. Zombies