Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 05-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Toto pectore

Talking STALKER Complete 2009

STALKER Complete 2009 (2012) mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

- absolutely fantastic collection of various mods and add-ons
- enhanced graphics (textures, lighting ...), rag-doll effects, game-play enhancements...

More info is on [official site] and also have a look at beautiful [screenshots]. [Download] newest version from ModDB.com

Clear Sky Complete mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

... is out! Don't waste your time and go get it: [download]. And here is [official site].

Call of Pripyat Complete mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

... has been released! While reading [official site] and [downloading] you may spend some quality time with [official trailer].

Last edited by Toto pectore: 03-20-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
PhillB

Hmm.. they got the weather overhaul to work with HDR? I'll download it just for that.
PhillB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Bad_Motha

Banned
If you try this, which I'm about to do... be sure to get both the main download, plus the 1.31 patch download for this mod. If you have any other mods installed via "gamedata" folder, I suggest you either remove or name that folder so you don't have a conflict with other mods.

Before running the game with this mod, go to your main SOC folder, open the gamedata folder and click on "Modifier.exe". This program will allow you to configure the mod, before you play your game. The mod does already have it's default settings, so if you're unsure what a setting is, leave it alone. Also once you've started a new game with this mod installed, if you go back into the "Modifier.exe" at a later time, watch what you change as certain changes can render saved games unuseable.

From the looks of the screenshots and the list of mods used for this conversion pack. It's look to be a very promising mod indeed. A already have a majority of the mods listed installed already or have tried them before. But it's nice to see someone finally put together a good package of mods that are tweaked to all work properly together without issues.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
sper09

This just makes me wonder how people can say the Xray engine is outdated...
sper09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
7infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sper09 View Post
This just makes me wonder how people can say the Xray engine is outdated...
people are stupid didnt you now? this rocks
Old 05-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Bad_Motha

Banned
Ok I've taken a good chunk of my day to try this mod and I must say, it's definitely given people a good reason to go through SOC once again, or even a few more times. It's always fun anyways

I did notice one bug that had me pulling hairs. They seemed to be using the sleeping bag from the original Stalker Alpha Test, which functions just as the AMK one does, but if it anytime you should click the sleeping bag and hit ESC key instead of clicking [EXIT], the sleeping bag will disappear. And yes you do need it as in Oblivion Lost you will get double vision if you go without sleep for too long.

Food doesn't do anything for your health bar. But you're required to eat more often throughout the days. Be sure to save before you sleep, as you could die due to going that long without food. I usually just sleep for the 3 hour period as 9 is way too long. At which after 3 hours, should I need more I can eat, save game, then sleep some more. Although some hate the really dark night times, which yes in this mod it gets pitch black outside, unless a full moon is out, which I've only seen once and it's been 6 full days already in my game. So far from what I've seen they've kept the stashes and reward money values from Vanilla Stalker, the same. I've seen some mods where it gives you better weapons to start with or an AKS-74U + ammo in a nearby stash so you don't have to fight the military to get one, or wait til getting to Garbage. As far as the weapons go, it's vanilla all the way. But everything looks and feels just superb! The textures are breathtaking, along with the weather. When it rains, sometimes it can be hard to see at times, especially at night. But if you don't mind venturing out at night, please do. The enemy can't see as well at night and it was actually pretty easy for me to sneak up on a few Military guys in Agroprom and take them each out with my silenced AKS-74. And no I wasn't using a scope.

I will have to say one thing, good luck to anyone who ends up in a big fire fight at night in the full blown rain and lightning. And from what I've seen the weather events for the rain and such can vary. Sometimes it's a light gentle rain and then sometimes it's all out storming and windy. And the ambient sounds are great in this mod, along with the sunrise/sunset. As well as the weapons sounds and all the little smaller sounds u may not always notice, until you hear them again in-game. I must say the sound for the wooden breakable boxes just got on my nerves so I changed that. But I've yet to find much else that is annoying. And for goodness sake, why has it taken so many mods to get the AK to use good quality sounds. The reload isn't the best but the SHOOT sounds, great! Actually sounds like an AK for once, and I would know.

I'll report on more if you like, even take questions (if I can answer), depends how much time I get to mess around with this mod in the coming days. Along with some follow ups and feedback as I make my way through the game with it. I'm using just this mod and nothing else as I wanted to give a full review on it and not have my other mods get in the way of the gameplay for just this purpose. I'm using retail english copy of SOC, patch 1.0005. And of course the latest version of this mod (v1.31)

On a side note, if you run this using an older DX9 card that doesn't have Pixel Shader 3.0. You will have issues with this mod. To get around the "Pixel Shader 1.1" error message. Simply remove or rename this folder "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\gamedata\shaders" ~ Since this mod uses "SkyGraphics" it will require the use of a DX9/Shader 3.0 capable card such as Nvidia Geforce 6800 series -or- ATI Radeon X1900 series or higher. I'm testing this on two machines right now. One being my older machine with my ATI X850-PE AGP card, which only supports DX9/Shader 2.0 ~ So in order to run the game in Full Dynamic Lighting and start a new game without issues, I renamed the "shaders" folder so the game won't load SkyGraphics mod with all it's glory, as if left in the game would crash during the "Shaders" part of the loading screen. I must say this mod and the game are still great without it. But least I have a higher end machine which I can see differences on side by side.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-17-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
deceiver

I just installed the mod...the full thing, then the patch, then the incremental, but I'm getting this crash error as I start up the game:

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 001B:00C97CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

My gamedata folder sums up to 0.97gb as well, is that right?

Nvm. It seems I didn't transfer the patch right.

Last edited by deceiver: 05-19-2009 at 03:26 PM.
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceiver View Post
I installed the mod...the full thing, then the patch, then the incremental.
There is just the full 1.3 version, then the 1.31 patch... what else did u install?

Simply take the full install gamedata folder and copy that to your main Stalker folder "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl" by default, it's different for Steam users though.

Then do the same with the patch, copy the full gamedata folder to your Stalker folder, overwrite ALL files if asked.

Now when u run Stalker, the mod should work just fine, you'll notice the new menu backround and at the bottom of your screen should say "ver 1.0005 - Stalker Complete 2009 1.31"

If you'd like to play Stalker without the mod, or try other mods, simply rename your main gamedata folder to another name, or delete it altogether to uninstall the mod.

EDIT: OK Sorry, I see they now have v1.32 patch. In this case all you need is the full mod v1.3 and then the full patch 1.32, no need for incremental update, as this is only for those who already have the full 1.31 and want to patch to 1.32

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceiver View Post
My gamedata folder sums up to 0.97gb as well, is that right?
Well for now I'm just using the full mod 1.3 + the 1.31 patch under XP 32-bit
My gamedata only includes this mod and no extras and it says the following...

Size: 1.19 GB
Size on Disk: 1.20 GB
Contains: 4,830 Files, 457 Folders

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-19-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
Verwandlung

Wow this looks great, very impressive weather effects and a sleeping bag:-)
Verwandlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
Bad_Motha

Banned
Here is the run down again...

STALKER Complete 2009 - Official Site
STALKER Complete 2009 - 1.3 - Full Install
STALKER Complete 2009 - 1.32 - Patch

*Requires 7-Zip to extract/unpack
Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
Bad_Motha

Banned
The weather effects and the textures of the sky, clouds, rain, etc. have all been enhanced and are much improved to say the least. Other very nice improvements are...

- Textures + Lighting + Fog
Pretty much every texture of the game has been improved, either by resolution and/or quality or by using a different one that is better suited for the item. The shine of the sun in your face at the right time of day can be alot like real life and it can hinder your visual a bit. Some days or nights it will get foggy and it too is pretty realistic. There is no full moon in the night, unless you have v1.32. But night time is pretty dark, especially between 10pm and 3am. Which at such times it will be easier to sneak past most mutants or NPC. NPC can't hear or see as well as night. I find alot of the blind-dog mutants to be laying around sleeping at night, depending where you are on any given map. You can usually walk right past them without them all rushing to attack you.

- Flash Lights
Brighter and has much further distance. NPCs don't always have their flash light on during night time, so again watch out for the enemy.

- Rag Dolls
They don't go flying, much more realistic in most respects.
It's great though when u get a couple bunched and are able to hit them with a grenade, oh man that is a blast.

- AI/NPC guns
Hardly ever drop on the ground, when killed the gun will be in the NPC's inventory.

- AI/NPC skills
Usually will have 2 guns, i.e. PM+AKSU, PM+Shotgun, etc. Are more prone to being ready for a fight. Don't let their guard down as quickly when it seems a firefight is over. They will usually continue hunting, especially when you were the one shooting at them. They also don't always wear their faction uniforms. I've seen Bandits wearing SEVA suits, Duty or Freedom suits from time to time. So watch who you shoot, identify your targets! They will sometimes switch between weapons, one minute they're shooting AK, then the clip runs out and they go to the PM or other sidearm, or vice-versa. Oh by the way, the AI will throw grenades now, just like in ClearSky. But not nearly as much use of them compared to CS, which I thought was a bit much.

- Sleeping Bag
Although this is not the one from the "AMK MOD" it works in the same respect. Be careful when you use it though, when the sleep time menu comes up, hit EXIT if you want to get off that screen. DO NOT hit ESC key as this will not only get u off that screen, it will make the entire sleeping bag disappear from your inventory. And you can't get it back or buy it from a trader. Luckily I was only about 20mins. into a new game when I figured this out, so I had to start over to get it back.

- Sounds
Pretty much every sound has been updated to be better or more realistic, especially the gun sounds. There has also been alot of added weather and ambient sounds. You'll be walking along and hear random gunfire in the background or coming from a certain direction. I find it very appropriate as in the regular vanilla Stalker, it usually is very quiet which is pretty unbelievable for the ZONE in a time when factions are fighting each other and the Military is storming in to take control. Alot of the ambient environment noises are much improved too, like crickets, birds and even some eerie sounds from time to time which make you jump and look around.

I found alot of these addons very convincing and I hope this mod can even find ways to improve down the road, without being too over-done like some mods we've seen.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-21-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #12
wildpeaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
*Requires 7-Zip to extract/unpack
Winrar handles 7z files too afaik.
wildpeaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
sper09

Yeah, they do, but mine show up as white/unreadable files until I right click on them and extract to desktop.
sper09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
Bad_Motha

Banned
Maybe it's my WinRAR that is outdated. When I right click a .7z file I don't have the option to extract using WinRAR, I have to use 7-Zip. Which is fine, I just right-click a .7z file and it shows 7-ZIP in the menu. Hovering over it with my mouse gives me these options...

7-Zip >
Open Archive
Extract Files...
Extract Here
Test Archive
Add to Archive...

Use the "Extract Files" option, then a windows pops up as to where you want to extract, click OK. Wait for it to finish, as for this MOD (which is around 1GB in size unpacked) can take a while on some machines. Then do the same thing for the full 1.32 patch. You'll end up with 2 seperate folders. Now open the folder for the patch and right click the "gamedata" folder, click COPY. Then open the main folder where you extracted the main mod for Stalker Complete 2009, make sure you can see that gamedata folder as well on screen. Now PASTE, and the patched files will be inserted, click OVERWRITE ALL if asked. Now right click the gamedata folder within the main folder for Stalker Complete 2009, click COPY. Now PASTE that folder into your main Stalker SOC folder, which by default is "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl" for retail users. Sorry I don't use these games under Steam. You also should be able to play mods just fine using the latest Steam patch for SOC which is 1.0005. The 1.0006 patch really isn't needed as it just fixes some multiplayer bugs.

A tip if you're using an older machine and/or video card that doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0, you may get an error when loading a new game that your card doesn't meet the minimum requirements, simply go here > "C:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\gamedata" and rename or delete the folder called "shaders", at which the mod should work fine for your older video card. As I've had to do this on my older machine that is using an ATI X850 card as it only supports Shader 2.0, but I was still able to run SOC with this mod under Full Dynamic Lighting and even with some settings turned down to allow less pausing due to high-res textures and such, this mod still is great. On an older card such as my X850, when it rains, there are wet surfaces, which look odd due to the mod using the game's default shader system and not the newer one (since I had to delete the mod's shader folder to get it to load properly). The only real odd thing is NPC faces tend to look shiny and black, which isn't supposed to happen. But none the less this mod is still very good and I highly recommend it for people who want to MOD SOC, but don't want the entire game to drastically change in the way it's played through. Another tip if you're getting hit with alot of pausing during gameplay is to go into your OPTIONS and turn Grass Density down or off. Turning the Shadow Quality down to about half, helps too. Be sure grass shadows are off as well or you'll most likely see alot of pausing during gameplay. Whenever you change something in the options menu, it's best to save and quit the game you're currently in. Then make your chnages, then EXIT to Windows. Then re-launch the game.

You can also change how the mod works for you, by running the MODIFIER.EXE under this mods gamedata folder. Which will allow you to configure alot of what the mod actually changes and how things during gameplay will work for you. If you're unsure of what a certain option in the Modifier program changes, leave it be as it'll be the default setting if you don't change it. ENJOY!

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 05-22-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
arose1980

Banned
Ok, I am confused. I just installed STALKER via Steam. I downloaded the Complete mod 1.32 patch and copied over the game data folder to the STALKER folder. There wasn't a game data folder before. Now I am downloading the 1.3 Full Install. When that is downloaded, what should I do? I was getting the XRay Engine crash after copying over the gamedata folder from the 1.32 patch.
arose1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series