Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Monster Jam

Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
PsychicParrot

Angry Still no patch for this broken game?

Man, I'm trying to run Monster Jam on Vista 64 and it is so broken it's not funny. It crashes out if anything pops up in the background (virus killer, msn etc.) and the frame rate is all over the place. Also, the engine noise is a horrible distorted screechy noise.

I see that the new patch from Activision addresses all this, but I can see that they haven't updated the Steam version and that the patch doesn't work for the steam version.

Anybody know if they plan to fix this?

Last edited by PsychicParrot: 05-23-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
PsychicParrot

DO NOT BUY THIS BROKEN JUNK! NEITHER STEAM NOR ACTIVISION ARE INTERESTED IN HELPING ANYONE HERE, SO JUST STAY AWAY FROM MONSTER JAM ON STEAM - IT IS BROKEN GARBAGE. BOTH COMPANIES SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF LIKE THIS.

Last edited by PsychicParrot: 09-14-2009 at 08:58 PM.
PsychicParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
Alkpaz2

This game worked fine on a Windows XP Pro 32bit system, the issue that these people experienced have come up with my new system Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. So, if you WANT this game, just run it on an old system, or dual boot. Seems like Act of War and the like, hate 64bit OS's, but this doesn't explain the many other older games that don't mind running in Windows 64bit. *shruggs* guess its a 50/50 chance when you buy older games..
Alkpaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
PsychicParrot

I was running VISTA not Windows 7. The game is broken on VISTA and Windows 7. If Steam had released the patch that Activision put out a year ago, those issues wouldn`t exist either.

Oh yeah I should dual boot because Steam didn`t bother to release the patch. Sure. That`s a really good service.
PsychicParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
undeadtrev

Monster Jam Patch 1.01

I have been having a conversation with steam support about this issue.

Hello. a couple of days ago I purchased a game from you. Monster Jam. After checking out what you had to say about the game I bought it on good faith, only to find that it does not play properly. Now half the time it has no sound, sometimes it won't load and there is no nitro, no introduction to the game even telling you about the controls... I purchase games and wish to keep doing so, but am extremely dissapointed with this game, why would steam sell me a game that does not run properly? I checked the forum only to find that I am not the only one saying this game does not work, please either make it possible for me to play this game properly or refund my money, I look forward to your prompt reply. I have up to this time been mostly happy with your products and can only hope you rectify this problem I am having, I can only hope steam appreciates its customer to do the right thing.

2 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Fri, 27th May 2011 9:23 am
Hello Trev,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Have you tried contacting third party game support for further assistance with this title?

Title: Monster Jam
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_a...8776-QLZB-1210

If you are unable to get the game to run after contacting them please copy the conversation here and I will be glad to assist you with a credit to your Steam Wallet for another purchase on Steam.

3 Message by you on Sat, 28th May 2011 1:24 pm
It would seem to me that as I purchased this game from steam, it is steams responsibilty to do the right thing by me. You have sold me a game that doesn't work, why should I have to go elsewhere to sort out the problem? What a cop out and bad treatment of your customer. I am very unhappy with this sort of an answer, but did contact the developer who told me you need to supply me with the patch that sorts this game out. You have sold me this game knowing full well it is not working properly, they have had this complaint before. What is the problem steam? Why are you selling me a game that you know full well is not functioning properly and why have you not sorted out the problem? I am annoyed that you put the problem back on me. I have enjoyed using steam and have purchased numerous games and would of kept doing such, but I do not think what has happened here is fair in any way at all. I don't won't credit, fix the game and if you cannot, then give me my money back. I sincerely hope that the next answer I receive is better than the last one. I have recommended steam to friends and have supported your company and this is the best you can do? I look forward to your prompt and full answer as to why you have not only been fully aware of this problem and yet have done nothing about it, and what you will do in the future with such problems. Copies of this conversation will be posted in the appropriate places, thank you for your time.

4 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Tue, 31st May 2011 8:42 am
Hello Trev,

As with most software products, we do not offer refunds or exchanges on games, DLC or in-game items purchased on our website or through the Steam Client.

As a one-time customer service gesture we can issue you store credit for the amount of your purchase into your Steam Wallet. The credit will also remove the title or item from your account.

Please confirm that you would like us to proceed with this credit.

5 Message by you on Tue, 31st May 2011 10:07 am
Wow Derrick, what kind of policy is that, you have refused to comment on the fact that you have knowingly sold me a product that you know full well does not work. Why won't you just add the fix to the game? Supposedly it sorts it out? Ok then you leave me no choice, credit the amount to my account if you will, but I can tell you know I will spend that money on a game, but I will not in the future be buying games from a company that takes no responsibility for the products they sell. WHY HAVE YOU SOLD ME A GAME THAT YOU KNOW FULL WELL DOES NOT WORK?????? ANSWER THE QUESTION. IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME AS TO WHY YOU WILL NOT ADD THE FIX, AN EXPLANATION IS ONLY FAIR...EASY TO HIDE BEHIND THE NET DERRICK, BUT WRONG. I am sure you can understand that if you refuse to tell me why, I can no longer trust that any games you sell me will work and refusing to give me my money back is disgusting...I will be taking this further, do you really think one person can not affect you...we will see.

6 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Tue, 31st May 2011 10:36 am
Hello Trev,

If you can provide me with the conversation from the support department stating we need an update from them to release then I can pass this information onto our Steam team to get the patch released.

7 Message by you on Tue, 31st May 2011 12:54 pm
Derrick, the producer of that particular game is local to me so the conversation was on the phone. But the simple fact is the game does not work properly without the patch, Monster Jam 1.01 Patch, I would download it from their site but have no idea how to add it on to my steam game. I would prefer to be able to play the game. Why hasn't steam already done this, it makes no sense and seems slack. Why have I been sold a game that does not work? They told me that it sorts the game, Nice bloke who thinks steam should pull their finger out their arses and treat customers decently. Steam is aware of this fact and yet does nothing.

8 Message by you on Tue, 31st May 2011 12:55 pm
Monster Jam 1.01 Patch
Changes:
· Fix for crash when switching in & out of game
· Fix for monster truck engine audio under Windows Vista
· Fix for monster truck boost audio effects
· Added video mode configuration
· Added controller configuration
· Performance improvements

9 Message by you on Tue, 31st May 2011 12:57 pm
http://www.torus.com.au/index.php?page=games&id=53

There ya go a link to the patch, crikey now I am doing your job, pretty simple mate.

So how about adding it for me. Stop wasting my time and fix it.

And now I am waiting on an answer....
undeadtrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
raaaandomwaffle

^

I wish I could shake your hand
raaaandomwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Monster Jam