Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 06-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
finchi55

THE ULTIMATE THEROY OF Why THERE HAS BENN NO UPDATES

VALVE OBVISOUSLY DOSENT WANT US TO PLAY TOB FOR XBOX any more.
My theory is
They are just going to wait it out until we go P.C. or play left 4 dead or left 4 dead 2.
Then thats when they will release a major game like Counter Strik or a onlineish Half life. Thats why they are comming out with the left 4 dead so soon. And thats why there hasnt been any updates. And thats why they have been baiting pc so much.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
MMXBL

Banned
How many threads does there have to be on this... there is no theory it's cold hard truth.

1.) the game was incomplete at release, a beta at best
2.) Valve had basically no plan or no plan that made sense to fix their beta product that should have never been released to start with
3.) The vast majority of gamers put this game down the first few weeks because the released product pretty much sucked, that was nearly 2 years ago

There is really no way to fix this fiasco IMHO. It's all a little too little and WAY too late. Of course, people were laughing at me when I foresaw all of this happening a year ago... so what do I know.

Last edited by MMXBL: 06-21-2009 at 07:32 PM.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
SG47

I REALLY in hate you two. Seriously. PC players how many times do we have to say that we don't want to spend money on getting it on PC. Also the game being incomplete? It was the same game as the PC version back when it came out. So how can it be a beta when they were originally the same game? If your gonna be [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] to us go to the PC forum but stay the hell away from us,
SG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
MMXBL

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG47 View Post
I REALLY in hate you two. Seriously. PC players how many times do we have to say that we don't want to spend money on getting it on PC. Also the game being incomplete? It was the same game as the PC version back when it came out. So how can it be a beta when they were originally the same game? If your gonna be [color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color][color="#FF66FF"]♥[/color] to us go to the PC forum but stay the hell away from us,
Well, I guess I can lie to you.

The game was a full price beta... on the PC and the xbox. Calling people names for pointing out the obvious is not going to change that.

It appears you have some issues, either way there is no real way to fix this fiasco... that ship sailed long ago. To be honest, I think it's kind of funny to be even discussing this... it's like some Hammer Legion Member that thinks the Duke Nukem game is about to come out.

I suspect quite a few of the what remains of the very few people that really played TF2 are going to be disappointed even if they do release something. We'll see... either way I usually get a chuckle or two everytime I come out here and see the exact same threads being posted, year after year.

Last edited by MMXBL: 06-21-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
finchi55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG47 View Post
excuse me but i play tf2 for 360 all the time and i reliazed that thats what they want us to do HOW BOUT THIS YOU GO TO THE PC FORUM AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM US
finchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
iexplode

Banned
I think I'm gonna have to agree with MMXBL here. The game is a beta (Only Six maps?!) and probably always will be. Lately though, I've found myself getting more and more into games that are way more fun, and get more support (Like Call of Duty 4, hooray for MW2!).
Also, I think Valve is just BSing us here about the updates. They could honestly care less. I mean, they probably laugh at every XBox-related email they get. My suggestion for people who aren't satisfied with the game as it is, would be to save twenty bucks, go to gamestop, and buy a better supported game. I understand that Valve likes to do things slow, but seriously, they could probably hire a team of 10 to port everything to the XBox and we'd have it next month. But, as always, valve's Half-butt planning has to come into play. They've always been PC developers, and they always will. They refuse to change, and I think it's gonna bite them in the butt. IF and update finally does come out, people are going to all have moved on. Hell, go back a few months in these forums, and look at the names. Most of them don't even post here, and they've probably sold the game already. Fact is, most people don't spend their life playing video games and smoking weed (Like Mr. Newell) and would rather spend their precious Video game time playing something that's going to have more bang for the buck. Not to say that TF2 isn't a fun game, but between glitchers, "Pro" spies (You know, the ones that can somehow sap, stab, headshot, gib, critrocket, and burn you at the same ing time), and lack of maps, it does get a little old. You can say that switching classes can change this, but it doesn't matter if you've got a crappy team. It'll be a steamroll regardless.
Also, hackers. We were told that we were going to get a netcode patch to fix this. In april. How hard is it for them to get it out? I'm sure that some code to disable the "sv_cheats 1" command would be well under the 8 MB limit.
As the saying goes, "Too little, too late."

Just my lame- two cents.
Also, love the -7 rep dude.
iexplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
CMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by iexplode View Post
Also, I think Valve is just BSing us here about the updates. They could honestly care less.
If this is true I kind of hope there is some sort of console backlash - not like Valve would care, but you know, at least a sign of solidarity between consolers for once.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #8
MMXBL

Banned
iexplode

To me it's not about ongoing support, it's about finishing a product before you release it. If you see what Infinity Ward has said, they hate all the ongoing support crap. They finish the game than release it... they don't even like to release DLC mappacks if you see their interviews. They will make minor changes if needed but they consider the game done when they release it.

The problem with Valve is they want to charge full retail price for proof of concepts and pre-beta products with limited content, than when customer scream foul they go well we can't do it because of this or because of that. What kind of business model is that? A F'd up one is what it is.

In the end, it's not going to work... it's a terrible way of doing business.

I will continue to say what have been saying for a long time... Valve is turning a process that is severely FUBAR. Mr. Freeman better wake up soon or their really won't be anything but ashes left. How anyone from Valve couldn't have figured this out by now is a mystery.... I have only been screaming out here for a year... it must be EA on the brain.

Wait till they actually do release some content for L4D PC and the Xbox users don't get those as well. The amount of heat coming down on them is nothing compared to what they are going to see.

Last edited by MMXBL: 06-22-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Mattographer

Anyone ever go see a trilogy? Could you make the case that the first two films were pieces of the bigger picture, but can also stand alone as their own films? Probably, if the endings wrap up at least a bit (I'm looking at you, LotR). If you were to release just one or two of those films, but not the end, what would that do to the customer following you have built?

I hope the gaming industry learns that they aren't Hollywood; at least their business models are not. To make a practice of releasing products with plans for DLC, but never delivering on that will ultimately spell disaster for your company.
Mattographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
Braden

alright let's do this

THEEROOOOOYYYY JEEEENNKINNNNS
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
rocker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
alright let's do this

THEEROOOOOYYYY JEEEENNKINNNNS
1. What?
2. It's LEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOY JEEEEEENKINS
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
MasterQueff

Everyone seems to think that Valve is full of conspiracy's, take this thread for example http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=900766.
Valve is just a company trying to do its job, maybe with a few jokes on the way but no major conspiracy's like this one
Old 06-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Alaskan Wolf

None of this is Valve's fault.

It's Micro$oft's fault for wanting valve to charge MS points for the updates, and Valve just doesn't do that.

They had to fight to get you guys the survival pack for free on Left 4 Dead, and even then you don't have the achievements.

stop blaming Valve. its Micro$oft's fault.
Alaskan Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #14
MMXBL

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Wolf View Post
None of this is Valve's fault.

It's Micro$oft's fault for wanting valve to charge MS points for the updates, and Valve just doesn't do that.

They had to fight to get you guys the survival pack for free on Left 4 Dead, and even then you don't have the achievements.

stop blaming Valve. its Micro$oft's fault.
So Microsoft forced Valved to:
- Release a proof of concept demo that was not even in beta stage development other than graphics
- release an incomplete product
- release a buggy and almost nonfunctional product
- not come up with a plan to fix or support the above
- lie to their customers that they would be releasing patches, fixes, and content additions in the near future

Sure kid.
Go back to drawing board.

Sorry all my other games get updates, developers say it usually takes 1-2 weeks to go through certification. No, MS is not going to allow a developer to release a POS product than years down the road to release a 1-2GB patch, sorry ain't going to happen for free and for VERY GOOD REASON... it ain't going to happen on the Xbox nor the PS3 and if it were possible it wouldn't happen on the Wii either.

Your post is void of common sense.

As far as the L4D content on the Xbox, I don't know if any details have been released as to who paid what. As with TF2, it's content that should have been in the game to start with since the game lack content IMHO, even with the DLC I wouldn't call it a $60 release, but that is my personal take on it.

Here is an idea. Develop the game, test the game, finish developing the game and only than do you release the game.

Last edited by MMXBL: 06-22-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #15
Alaskan Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXBL View Post
So Microsoft forced Valved to:
- Release a proof of concept demo that was not even in beta stage development other than graphics
- release an incomplete product
- release a buggy and almost nonfunctional product
- not come up with a plan to fix or support the above
- lie to their customers that they would be releasing patches, fixes, and content additions in the near future

Sure kid.
Go back to drawing board.

Sorry all my other games get updates, developers say it usually takes 1-2 weeks to go through certification.

Your post is void of common sense.
Don't insult me KID, this is true.

As this is valve's first product on the Xbox, they WERE planning on producing updates. Microsoft wont let them do it.

It's a simple fact, get over it.

Also, valve may produce a product that is not entirely finished, sure, but they spend time on making quality games, they listen to their community to help fix and improve their games, and they care about whats going on.

Valve wants to give you guys updates. I'm SURE of it. They just CANT.

This game was in development for 10 years, and they wanted to release it knowing full well that they would UPDATE it.

See this: VALVE TIME

Never depend on Valve to release something when they say they will, unless you want more loads of problems with your games.

Good day sir.
Alaskan Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box