Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dig, The

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
iluutone

Question POSSIBLE SPOILERS! .. i'm stuck and WALKTHROUGHS DON'T WORK :(

i'm at the underground tomb at the tomb spire, and every walkthrough is telling me to just use the big platform after the statue is turned to dust but boston is just yapping something about it being elaborate setup instead of going inside the crypt as all the walkthroughs say will happen

Old 07-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
CombatJon

Spoiler alert:

You have to use the red rod in the map room...this will show him how to use the elevator in the tomb. I had the same problem, but found the answer searching the internet. Apparently this is one of the most common issues people have.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
Darksider1972

Ah memories, Back in the days Hint Books were big deal when it came to adventure games..
Darksider1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
cdrop

statue?

I am looking all over for that statue... I managed to figure out to stand on the CC stone after about 30 min of clicking around, then uncovered the lens. After that all I see is light shining from the shutter to the floor. At this point I assumed that something would happen, or I needed to do something. Though after clicking around I looked up the statue thing and I do not see it anywhere. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
localhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrop View Post
I am looking all over for that statue... I managed to figure out to stand on the CC stone after about 30 min of clicking around, then uncovered the lens. After that all I see is light shining from the shutter to the floor. At this point I assumed that something would happen, or I needed to do something. Though after clicking around I looked up the statue thing and I do not see it anywhere. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
I think I can help here.

First of all, make sure that you have the moons eclipsed, for help on that, look it up in a guide. Second, get the blue crystal from the ramp in the main room where Brink fell and place it in the hole in the tomb.

Then, once you stand on the stone that opens the shutter, wedge the rod from the trap (if you don't have it in your inventory, go back and pick it up again) to keep the stone pressed down. Now that the shutter is open, you can see the dirt covered statue just outside the tomb. To use the tomb elevator, you must first go to the map spire, and use the key that opened the tomb door on the map (I think it was the red one). Now that you have seen the elevator in use, you know you can use it.

Hope that cleared things up.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
cdrop

thanks

Thank you, I will try that all out. I am probably just missing a step
Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
Sweetz

Missing the map room is common. Problem is that it's intuitively obvious to the player (as in you an I) that there's something under that tomb, but it's not obvious to Low as scripted in the game. So it creates a weird situation where the player has to figure out how to "inform" the character he/she's playing what to do - whereas most other puzzles have you figuring things as/along with the character himself.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #8
localhero

Yeah, I never liked that.

Every time I played through as a kid, I knew that I could just the tomb down, but I'd always forget about the map room. Luckily my brother at the official strategy guide, the very one that I used in this last play through.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
Vegan

I've played this twice, and both times I thought that wedging the stone with a rod would totally never work. Chalk it up to graphical deficiency... maybe if you could tell that there were grooves or something, but it looks perfectly smooth. When he sets the rod down it looks ridiculous and I'm still not convinced.
Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #10
Sir_Brizz

I thought that was dumb too. He just sets the rod on the ground it looks like, flat.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
Vegan

It's just not a solution that you would logically think of.
Vegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
Gvaz

http://i46.tinypic.com/t4zdbp.jpg

I can't figure it out, he just keeps saying it.
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dig, The