Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Dahutt

Rainbow Six Vegas update loop

I recently bought RBSV through steam and now im having problems launching it. Whenever i try to launch it, it opens the launcher.exe and starts updating, after a few seconds it finishes and closes. Then i get the Windows "allow" or "cancle" program that wants to make changes to my computer, and when I click yes it starts the launcher again. This continues in an endless cycle.
I've tried runing as administrator and in compability mode with vista (im running Windows 7RC) but nothing changes.

Anyone got the same problem or prehaps a solution?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
pathy

Temp solution that works for me - Close down Steam. Go in to the Rainbow 6 Vegas folder, then the Binaries folder. Launch R6_Game or whatever it is by yourself. Steam will launch, log in as usual, then the game will start correctly.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Boozer Dawg

Having the same problem, the fix above sadly didnt work for me ;(.
Boozer Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
trozan1

thx

thank you this solution worked for me after trying all others and searching forever i finnaly found a solution

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Tom Clancy collection > Rainbow Six series > Vegas series