Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge

Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
damaged

Game bugs and glitches

1) There are bugs with the saves where sometimes when you load one, it won't let you interact with any of the objects, a full restart and reload is needed, you try to grab an object and it starts to 'grab' but drops right back into place making it unmovable.

2) When a save game is loaded, the plans are there for that board once you play that one, the next board won't have the plans, not even the 'button' for it is there, so you have to save the board, totally exit, then reload that save to get the plans back, but that only lasts for the one board, then you have to do all that over again.

3) It keeps forgetting my video resolution and stencil settings, so I have to keep resetting it.

4) (maybe) Sometimes when you hit Help in the middle of a game, then ESC (or some combination of those, I honestly forget, I'll try to reproduce it and update), it just hangs, music, sound and animation still goes, but menu and all other game-related keys are dead, this may have been a one-time event.

These bugs combined make for a very frustrating experience and makes me want to grab the game by it's ears (if it had any) and scream in it's face. :P

Thanks for listening.

BTW, I know you have 'official' forums, but it seems to make more sense to allow Steam customers to use their existing Steam forum accounts rather than have to create a separate account on yet another developers site, it just seems like you are just creating more red-tape. :\

Running on Vista x64 Ultimate, Steam is running as administrator (and hence all it's children (the games) are running as administrator as well.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
avorntur

adition: game crashes within seconds when DEP is enabled (tested on windows 7 x64)
avorntur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
IntelliMoo

more quirks

Few more bugs!

- Not only does the game not support all modern resolutions (nor have the ability to run in a window!), it doesn't even remember the settings you choose from those offered! Tsk tsk.

- When you try to view the world records, the game minimizes to the desktop. Is it trying to run the browser or something? Switching back to the game, it is showing the world records screen.

- At the end of a game ("game over") and it asks if you want to send your score to the internet, and you select yes, the game minimizes to the desktop. Switching back to the game, it is showing the scores list.

- The game has a very strange way of exiting. Seems a small "killer" app is run that actually end-tasks the game process! (Evidenced by orphan tray icons from the ffdshow audio codec I use.)

Overall, though, this is a very fun game! However shocking it was to witness a cat in a microwave!!!!! But still funny.

Last edited by IntelliMoo: 07-27-2009 at 01:59 AM.
IntelliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
IV4-Crew

Thanks for reporting glitches and bugs, we are working to have the fix, and releasing an update as soon as possible.

We just need to inform that none of glitches commit seriously the game functionality. We have a lot of people which have already finished all maps, and sent their records. The world records quest began...

You can be sure that we'll be delivering updates whenever necessary. Updates are usual for any softwares, games, and same operational systems, from major to indie companies.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV4-Crew View Post
Thanks for reporting glitches and bugs, we are working to have the fix, and releasing an update as soon as possible.

We just need to inform that none of glitches commit seriously the game functionality. We have a lot of people which have already finished all maps, and sent their records. The world records quest began...

You can be sure that we'll be delivering updates whenever necessary. Updates are usual for any softwares, games, and same operational systems, from major to indie companies.
Thank you so much for your reply.
damaged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
avorntur

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliMoo View Post
Few more bugs!

- Not only does the game not support all modern resolutions (nor have the ability to run in a window!), it doesn't even remember the settings you choose from those offered! Tsk tsk.
I agree an the resolutions part, and would love it if the game supported 1920x1200, but it does support windowed playing, just press alt+enter and you get the game in a window instead of fullscreen (it doesn't remember this however so you have to do it every time you start the game)
avorntur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
IntelliMoo

Good to know, but I could have sworn that was the first thing I tried. Will see if works this time. But if it doesn't remember, kind of pointless anyway because the initial resolution change still messes up my Steam windows.
IntelliMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #8
versat

I installed the demo and tried the game.
There is a bug at least in level 4 and 5.
I can't use the fat rat in level 4, it's red and i can't select it. Solved the puzzle with a barrel instead.
In level 5 i can't use the vacuum rat and the archer rat, but in the solution given by you, the developers, they are used. How?
Maybe i'll buy the game, but not sure because of the bugs.
versat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:52 AM   #9
Astax

i guess, that's the demo-limitation
Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 AM   #10
freibooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV4-Crew View Post

Shame that almost exactly one year later all the bugs mentioned in this thread are still present.
The official website mentions a newer build (1.5) but the Steam version never received the promised update.
It's a fun game, but it's really very buggy, up to the point that the bugs seriously spoil the game.
freibooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #11
damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by freibooter View Post
Shame that almost exactly one year later all the bugs mentioned in this thread are still present.
The official website mentions a newer build (1.5) but the Steam version never received the promised update.
It's a fun game, but it's really very buggy, up to the point that the bugs seriously spoil the game.
So much for supporting these guys, indie devs like this give indie games a bad name. :\

I hate being lied to.
damaged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
SunriseDriver

Banned
They couldn't update the game on Steam but they could release a new game. Great.
SunriseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge