Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > All Aspect Warfare

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
dsmart

3000AD
Welcome! Have Fun! Please Read!

Welcome to our Steam game forum. If you haven't yet, please try the game demo and post here if you need any assistance.

We will not respond to trolls and will just end up deleting your posts. So please, just don't bother.

Tip: If you are getting killed a lot, add /use_godmode to the game's shortcut and you won't be killed.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
dsmart

3000AD
It seems as if despite our best efforts, some folks just don't get it. So let me lay it all out again.

Quote:
Discuss:
-What you like about it
-What you don't like about it
-What you think would make it better for you

Rules
-Standard forum rules apply, especially including:
-No insults
-No trolling
-No flaming

-All posts I see, and I am subscribed to this thread, that are breaking the rules will be immediately given an infraction. This IS your warning.
-If anyone sees such a post, please report it using the report icon.

Be rational and logical. Be kind in your responses. Arguments are fine, so long as they are civil debates
Those are the rules that Valve has set up for their own game forums.

We take them one step further with a Z-E-R-O TOLERANCE threshold.

We will will remove any/all trolling, flamebait, OT posts etc. And if you keep doing it and breaking the rules, ALL of your posts - regardless of merit - CAN AND WILL BE DELETED ON SIGHT

And if you don't stop, we'll take it one step higher and go directly to our Valve counterparts who can - and will - take decisive action. Not unlike anti-cheat (VAC) policies, you will be banned from Steam forums as others have. So please, go ahead and see how far you can push us.

We will not tolerate any anti-social behavior.

We will not falter.

We will not fail.

We will not quit.

We can do this 24-7, 365 days. On week days. On weekends. On holidays. On birthdays. At anytime. From a computer. From a PDA. From a cellphone. From ANY device that can connect to the Net and access these forums. You'll get tired long before we do.

Just because other forums on the Net - and in some cases here on Steam forums - are lawless wastelands, doesn't mean that we have to put up with it here. These are OUR forums, for OUR games and for OUR players. We will absolutely not tolerate any anti-social behavior or any postings that go against the rules. If its not according to the rules or is not constructive, its as good as gone.

We do not - and never have - censored constructive commentary and opinions of the games. They are all tucked nicely into a single forum. One for the final game and one for the demo. Pick one. Post there. Stick to the rules and your posts will remain.

Unlike most game developers we have ALWAYS had a VERY CLOSE connection to our gamers and we intend to keep it that way. We the devs post here. Our testers post here. Fans of our games post here. As such, we have an active presence here and on our own official forumes. You stand absolutely ZERO chance of running us off.

WE.ARE.LEGION

If you don't like the game, you have no business being here. So leave. There are demos for the games for others to try out. They don't need your opinion (good, bad or ugly).

Last edited by dsmart: 08-19-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
dsmart

3000AD
Now that another person, VP-, has been banned, maybe you guys will understand that we're dead serious about this.

Please govern yourselves accordingly.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
dsmart

3000AD
Though things have settled down now, every once in awhile some troll who thinks we're asleep at the wheel, pops up.

Once again, I want to make it clear: We only delete OT, flamebait and trolling posts. Nothing else.

We are a 100% self-funded (by me) indie dev studio that has worked very hard over a two year period on this game and the tech that powers it. Our focus is purely on supporting those who support us by buying our games.

Across the net and even here on Steam forums, many - MANY - forums are not worth visiting because some anti-social gamers have turned them into a battlefield. That sort of behavior splinters and kills communities. We absolutely WILL NOT let it happen here.

Even before our game launched we (devs, beta testers, fans etc) were here. We decided to setup shop here not because we want to maintain more than one forum (we have our own), but because we don't want our official Steam forum to end up like the others. And we are not the only devs* who get to ban gamers or take steps to protect our forums and the players of our games.

There is a reason why devs don't venture outside their official forums where they have absolute control.

Once again, unless you want to have your threads/posts deleted or banned for wanton abuse, please adhere to our forum rules as well as Valve's TOS and you'll be fine. If others can do it, so can you. There is absolutely no room for mistinterpretation of these rules. None. Obey those rules or don't post.

* I have no idea who that guy is, nor is my link supposed to indicate that he did anything wrong. I posted the link as an example of other low tolerance devs only because he was banned by the Section 8 devs. I have no idea what he did and I don't care.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > All Aspect Warfare