Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Frymon

Banned
The 10/10 Project.

Hello,
Once again welcome to my thread, where I bring my best forth for this community, which has brought me thrill for the past 2 years.

So once again, welcome. Welcome to city-
... Wait wrong speech.

Anywho. I am here once again for something I call the 10/10 Project. Now here me out on this, the 10/10 Project is a little something that my head started to form at the begging of the Classless update. As I have said many times before, there is a lot wrong with Team Fortress 2's Multiplayer, and by god I'm sick and tired of it. So here it is, my online movement for only one thing from VALVe, Information.

As a VALVe customer, I would like to rate our service given to us as 0.5 out of 10. We payed the same - Ney MORE than most Team Fortress 2 PC Gamers. So, why, out of all the information VALVe releases, that only 0.01% of it is about our game?

So, here is my plan, My simple goal is to create as much as a movement, as strong as I can get, as widely viewed as I can get, and get the word to VALVe out, We. Demand. Information. My goal of this is to get a fully fledged, XBox360 only Blog Post by 10/10/09. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Even if it says that we won't get an update for another year.

How to Contact VALVe - The three most important people.
robin@valvesoftware.com Robin Walker - Head of TF2 Division
gaben@valvesoftware.com Gabe Newell - Founder of VALVe Software
lombardi@valvesoftware.com Doug Lombardi - VP of Marketing

General Information - How I know what I know.
TF2 XBox Information
Neal Kenneth's Blog
The last official word from VALVe
My solution to the DLC Problem.
10/10 Project Blog
10/10 Project Intro Video.

NEW EVENT
I will be hosting a 8v8 Match for the PC Only (Sorry XBoxer's, I really am), but, This will not be any random match, This will be on 6 maps, all modified by me to reflect the maps on the XBox 360. Every unlock able will be disabled, and I will see if it is possible for me to put the glitches back in. This will raise awareness to the XBox community, and hopefully will put forth a better recognition of our problem. If they refuse to face us on the XBox, fine, We'll just come to the PC.

Past Event
With the amount of people we currently have, I am happy to announce that on 8/20/09 We all shall send a mass E-mail to the 3 VALVe employees I have listed above, all with the same message. That we are the 10/10 Project and we want our voices heard. Please respond if you will take part in this event, remember, the more people who push, the more likely VALVe is going to listen to us!

Machinima.com
Soon I will be sending a letter out to machinima.com to try and get our project noticed with them putting information about our project in one of their videos.

Heros of the Movement

Javier1203 - For helping spread this message
ace2020boyd - For creating a kick- page for advertising
Angry Lumpsters - Quoting my favorite class
Neal Kenneth - Very informative an useful blog post
Calvinnation - For going into the line of fire.
PC Gamers who support us - Thank you. It makes me happy that not all of the PC community are idiots.

I plan on updating this thread a lot. Right now it's not done, but It will be done in due time.

So, who's with me on this, or am I gonna haveta cap this thing by myself?

Last edited by Frymon: 08-31-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
Spygasm

10/10? October 10th... Thats a lot, why not to do it next week? O,o
Old 08-14-2009, 04:04 PM   #3
foppajoe

Banned
nice.

anyone want to do a TF2boycott? haha
foppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
ThePortalMan

Banned
I'm in too.
ThePortalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Frymon

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spygasm View Post
10/10? October 10th... Thats a lot, why not to do it next week? O,o
The Orange Box came out on 10/10/07. We have The Orange Box, not the standalone TF2, I though it would be fitting, and I said 10/10 or sooner.
Frymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
I'm free

I'm in. I've already sent separate, well-written emails to Doug, Gabe, and Robin.

Also, 10/10 is my birthday =D. That'd be a great present.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Spygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frymon View Post
The Orange Box came out on 10/10/07. We have The Orange Box, not the standalone TF2, I though it would be fitting, and I said 10/10 or sooner.
Ok, I'm in... I hope the update get released before this :P
Old 08-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Fahrtgasse

Umm, you didn't give a plan, you just gave a goal. Spearheading an online movement is a lot of hard work for a potential flop. You need to start a blog, get information out, get people excited, spread the word not only online but on XBL-- and only like 30 people read this forum. So you will have to do a lot of scouting around, no pun intended.

Sounds like a lot of effort for something to blow up in your face. And we all know how it feels to get a crit rocket to the face.
Fahrtgasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
finchi55

Once again brilliant Frymon you have done it again im IN
REP+ if i can
finchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
Angry Lumpsters

In the words of Roy from the IT Crowd, Jesus Chroist.

But, I'll join you and your radical, lunatic "I actually want my information" movement. My birthday's 8/9 (ENGLISH DATES), so this fits in. Shut up.
Angry Lumpsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #11
Frymon

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrtgasse View Post
Umm, you didn't give a plan, you just gave a goal. Spearheading an online movement is a lot of hard work for a potential flop. You need to start a blog, get information out, get people excited, spread the word not only online but on XBL-- and only like 30 people read this forum. So you will have to do a lot of scouting around, no pun intended.

Sounds like a lot of effort for something to blow up in your face. And we all know how it feels to get a crit rocket to the face.
The post is not done, I'm still getting it out. Just like I did with the update idea. I start with the base, then build on and remove any conflicts. Tis how I work. I'm no fool, I though you would understand this by now? If you want something big, you have to start small.
Frymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Javier1203

I'm up for it.
Javier1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
Fahrtgasse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frymon View Post
The post is not done, I'm still getting it out. Just like I did with the update idea. I start with the base, then build on and remove any conflicts. Tis how I work. I'm no fool, I though you would understand this by now? If you want something big, you have to start small.
That's what she said.

Sorry-- I couldn't help myself. OK, I see your method. Good luck!
Fahrtgasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
WPKRadio

good luck dudes. i am fine with tf2 the way it is on the 360.

all i could really ask for is a Wii version with motionplus support.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #15
Javier1203

Guys in order to spread the word on Xbox LIVE we must create a 250 or less character message so it can be sent to your tf2 playing friends and recent tf2 players. Although with the new Xbox LIVE update it is NOT possible to send a message to multiple recent players while using the website, so if you are up for this, you would have to type the messages in the Xbox 360, which takes long, I have no problem doing so because I'm used to do that...
Javier1203 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box