Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
KasperDH

Exclamation Can't connect to my steam account!

Hey guys,
So today I was on my steam account talking with some friends but like 10 mins ago a message poped-up in steam saying that someone just got in the account somewhere else and I needed to put my password there, well I did and it said the password was wrong I tried couple of times and still didnt work... then I thought maybe it's the internet but I rebooted the PC and reseted the internet modem and still didnt work... so I went to Hotmail to see if there was a change in my account and guess what nothing... no email saying that things were changed on the account... and I still can't log in, I even tried to log in to another account and it worked but on my account I can't log in... Please help me!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Sierra Oscar

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds like someone may have gained access to your account. Have you shared your details with any other person recently? If that is the case, you need to follow the details outlined here and contact support.
Sierra Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
KasperDH

How much time do they need to get my account back? because I think that maybe if someone hijacked my account maybe he can use hacks in there I get banned
Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
Unfunny Busta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperDH View Post
How much time do they need to get my account back? because I think that maybe if someone hijacked my account maybe he can use hacks in there I get banned
It's happened to me twice now; the first time it took a day and a half but the second time, I dunno. It's been two days and they still haven't gotten back to me. I think there's a 3-day max response time.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
KasperDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfunny Busta View Post
It's happened to me twice now; the first time it took a day and a half but the second time, I dunno. It's been two days and they still haven't gotten back to me. I think there's a 3-day max response time.
Well, it has been 2 days and no response...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #6
Unfunny Busta

You'll probably get a response back tonight.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
KasperDH

Quote:
You'll probably get a response back tonight.
What if I dont get any response at all? what should I do?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
Unfunny Busta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasperDH View Post
What if I dont get any response at all? what should I do?
If you don't have a reply by tomorrow night, I'd advise changing your Steam Support account password; they could have gotten in and changed the e-mail address that the support e-mails are sent to.

My account is still disabled, meaning Support still hasn't sent back mah e-mail with the new info for my account. Try to log into your Steam. If it says incorrect password, then Support hasn't gotten to your message yet. If it's been disabled, then you'll get an e-mail shortly. If you don't get one by tomorrow, follow the above instructions.

Last edited by Unfunny Busta: 09-13-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
KasperDH

Quote:
If you don't have a reply by tomorrow night, I'd advise changing your Steam Support account password; they could have gotten in and changed the e-mail address that the support e-mails are sent to.

My account is still disabled, meaning Support still hasn't sent back mah e-mail with the new info for my account. Try to log into your Steam. If it says incorrect password, then Support hasn't gotten to your message yet. If it's been disabled, then you'll get an e-mail shortly. If you don't get one by tomorrow, follow the above instructions.
Ok thank you
Old 02-03-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
ruby

Wink Exactly the same

Exactly thesame happend to me... But I think i typed wrong email address somehow so i have to say goodbye to the games i bought
Old 12-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
socallaser

Have xp and win7 drives. win7 steam acct with Black Ops works. XP drive after a steam update will not connect to steam for any reason. Uninstalled steam--all games gone. Reinstalled, will not conn to steam, says busy or my end is wrong. Need specific directions to make XP Pro SP3 allow steam to connect to steam. This is an old thread, but I need help. Thanks. Scott
socallaser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips