Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Old 09-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
TapeWyrm

Issue with software rendering

When it goes into the game from the menu/cutscene the colours are all garbled, like a palette problem (seeing as it's 8-bit colour, that's likely).

If I go into the menu and it switches back to windowed mode and then try to return to the game, it crashes.

Is there any way to set this to windowed mode only?

Using windows 7 x64, ati radeon 4850.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
Centy

You need to disable 3D acceleration which is what I had to do. Also it may change to odd colours but if you move around for a second that will go away. I can't see any obvious way to enable windowed mode though.
Centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
CoolMatty

As posted in the Jedi Knight section:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=968141

This is one among many issues for the JK/MOTS engine. LEC has decided not to update this game whatsoever for modern hardware, and thus it suffers terribly because of it. Everyone should know that when you buy this, you buy it at your own risk. There is a rather large chance you will have issues with it, or may not even be able to run it at all.
CoolMatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
sgtsolo

Thanks Lucasarts for doing nothing with this game other than devote all your time to twitter hype.

I've given up, I cannot get this game to work in accelerated mode or software mode. Just a garbled mess of artifacts (though I can just about make out a blaster of some sort).
Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 AM   #5
silent55

The DirectX wrapper they developed over at jkhub to enable 3D acceleration also works in MotS.

http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.ph...tion=downloads

Like the directions say, you just place the file in the same folder as the jkm.exe file. It's fantastic that this works!

It was developed for ATI cards, but I have an Nvidia card, and it still fixed it, just so everyone knows.

Last edited by silent55: 09-26-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: new information i forgot
silent55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
surfrock22

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent55 View Post
The DirectX wrapper they developed over at jkhub to enable 3D acceleration also works in MotS.

Like the directions say, you just place the file in the same folder as the jkm.exe file. It's fantastic that this works!

It was developed for ATI cards, but I have an Nvidia card, and it still fixed it, just so everyone knows.
404 error, not found.. does this really fix ATI issues for 3d acceleration? Also, can you please provide another link? Thanks.
surfrock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
Psilio

I think he meant this link:

And it works for me in both Dark Forces 2 and Mysteries of the Sith. It should work for both ATI and NVidia cards.

Here is a discussion on the Dark Forces 2 forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=968732
Psilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #8
Muti Messiah

Yup Worked here

ATi HD4870

I Think steam should include this dll with the game
Muti Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:11 PM   #9
Foulplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsolo View Post
Thanks Lucasarts for doing nothing with this game other than devote all your time to twitter hype.

I've given up, I cannot get this game to work in accelerated mode or software mode. Just a garbled mess of artifacts (though I can just about make out a blaster of some sort).
lol, from the screenshots I almost thought you were describing the normal graphics
Foulplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Replop

VERY usefull dll.

The game was unplayable without it.

( W7 x64 ; ATI 5770 )

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith