Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The

Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 AM   #1
SHREDDER

What we can do to encourage Sqyare enix release more games on PC???

Right now the only games that Square enix has announced for PC is Front Mission Evolved Order of War Final Fantasy MMO. What we can do to encourage them release more of their games on our favorite platform like Nier, Star Ocean, e.tc.??

Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
JoeB

Yes it would be nice to have their "single player" main titles appear on the PC platform like "Final Fantasy XIII" (enough with MMO's already!) as it has not happened since "Final Fantasy VII" and "Final Fantasy VIII". I guess Square-Enix's executives (like many other console-only favouring publishers) do not feel there is enough money to be made on the PC platform. The only way to get more of these is to convince them otherwise somehow.

I know a few reasons why publishers choose to go console only:
1. Piracy is far less (this a is VERY debatable fact but it is still strongly believed by many publishers)
2. More console gamers than PC ones that would like the style of gameplay used in games like Final Fantasy. PC gamers are probably more used to RPGs like Diablo 2, Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel, Baulder's Gate, and of course the MMORPGs. I can't even call "The Last Remnant" a traditional JRPG since the battle system is so different (and quite frankly I was not fond of how it punishes you for level grinding as that clashes with my playing style).
3. Console gamers are less demanding hence they can cash in further with a premium for DLC and nobody will complain. I cannot say the same for us PC gamers (see the Left 4 Dead 2 forums and you'll know what I mean).
4. The publishers have better control over the released of content. It's a lot harder for the mod community to change a console game as they see fit unless the game itself has a user content submission system.

Last edited by JoeB: 09-18-2009 at 08:37 AM.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #3
KSib

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB View Post
1. Piracy is far less (this a is VERY debatable fact but it is still strongly believed by many publishers)
Which I find to be odd because it seems like I run into more people that "know some guy" who mods consoles and can get burned games to them compared to people that even know what torrenting is... let alone get their games that way. You can't really put a number on it, unfortunately? fortunately? iono.

All I know is I want some GOOD Square Enix games for PC. That Last Remnant game was had the most garbage combat ever. Some control would be nice, thanks.
KSib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #4
mikeyakame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSib View Post
Which I find to be odd because it seems like I run into more people that "know some guy" who mods consoles and can get burned games to them compared to people that even know what torrenting is... let alone get their games that way. You can't really put a number on it, unfortunately? fortunately? iono.

All I know is I want some GOOD Square Enix games for PC. That Last Remnant game was had the most garbage combat ever. Some control would be nice, thanks.
Remnant has plenty of control, problem isn't the game it's the players lack of understanding
Old 09-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
cwbys21

only way to convince them to do it is to buy their games and convince people around you to do so as well. It would also probably help to email them and go on their official forums and beg for the games. All of their games are being made on the Crystal Tools Engine which makes the game on the pc and playable on the pc and then ported down to consoles, so they could do it.
cwbys21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #6
{Yotsuba}

only way to convince them to do it is to buy their games and convince people around you to do so as well.

Pretty hard to do when they artificially inflate their prices in non-NA regions. (Their price gouging in worst in Japan FYI).
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
mikeyakame

The more attention the communities give their titles the more likely they'll take notice and give the time of day to the PC. We've been working our butts off on the Last Remnant wiki for the community, and we hope they take notice of this kind of thing, because it is a solid reflection of a customer base that really dig these kinds of games, so much so they go as far as reverse engineering the title to improve the knowledge of everybody interested in it.

I don't see many people even bothering to crack a games data open and reverse engineering it to figure it out these days. After all what for, the game is so simple and straight forward all the data will tell you is what you already know. The end result with this kind of game is the community won't support it anymore the time it takes to get through it once before they move onto another game and then another, and so on.

If I was one of the developers on the Last Remnant project and I saw the in depth data on the wiki and all the time the whole community has put into what it is now, it would give me a sense of appreciation that no words can express and give me the willingness to try and convince management of going with more titles.

Also as a community everybody needs to get together and sign/write a formal letter to Square's PC Game Development dept and their higher ups letting them know they are really interested in potential future titles and their appreciation for giving it a shot.

Sometimes all it takes is enough people and enough actions together to push the decision making process enough so that both their profits are good and our (pc gaming community) wishes/hopes see the light of day!
Old 09-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
lightguard12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyakame View Post
Also as a community everybody needs to get together and sign/write a formal letter to Square's PC Game Development dept and their higher ups letting them know they are really interested in potential future titles and their appreciation for giving it a shot.

Sometimes all it takes is enough people and enough actions together to push the decision making process enough so that both their profits are good and our (pc gaming community) wishes/hopes see the light of day!
Do you know how to contact Square Enix's PC Game development Dept?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 AM   #9
mikeyakame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightguard12 View Post
Do you know how to contact Square Enix's PC Game development Dept?
No, but I'll try and find a contact address for them. I have a few code bugs to complain to them about anyhow I don't think I'd expect a patch for a few minor bugs after this long, but at least if they know about the bugs there is a chance something might get done. I already patched one small bug I found myself with the help of a friend who has been disassembling the code, and we've come across a few others which aren't such each fixes. Besides those there are quite a few bugs in strings (where either strings have typos or effect strings don't correctly reflect the effect the item has), one stand out effect string bug is for the Accessory Bloody Lipstick which has an effect string of Morale Up +5 / Weapon +5, when in actual fact the real effect is Morale Up +5 / Morale Down +5, or in other words Morale Control, but greater than that of the Liafort.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #10
AnnoyedDragon

I don't think people need to do anything. They will increasingly release more games on PC; because like most developers today they are going cross platform to accommodate today's high development costs.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if FF13 was announced for PC a couple of months down the line after the console release. They already have it up and running on PC thanks to their PC lead engine Crystal Tools, it just needs the additional work to turn into something they can sell.

Last edited by AnnoyedDragon: 10-04-2009 at 12:42 PM.
AnnoyedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #11
cwbys21

I hope it is released for pc, would love to get it on my Steam list. Definitely getting it on ps3 day 1 because I love the franchise that much but I would definitely buy it twice for each platform.
cwbys21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
Anchel

I registered on the Steam Community Forums JUST because I wanted to look for a thread like this.

I've been a Final Fantasy fan ever since Final Fantasy IX (say what you will, but that was my very first FF experience and it will remain my favorite one). Ever since then I've played a little bit of FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII and I own most of the DS games related to the franchise. I've also played tiny bits of almost every other FF game.

The thing is that I'm mostly a PC and handheld gamer. I used to have a Nintendo 64 and a Gamecube and then went back to PC only.

You see, I'm one of the people who'd buy inmmediatly a standard Final Fantasy game if only they adopted the PC platform better (and not the Final Fantasy 7 and 8 ports that simply don't work well on today's PCs anymore).

Now with the Japanese videogames market starting to go a little bit downhill we're seeing some companies start looking for new revenue ways.
The biggest exponent of this is Capcom, who recently stated in an interview that PC gaming is probably going to become Capcom's biggest focus in the near future.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...nt_evil_5_.php

Here's the thing: Christian Svensson, Capcom USA's vice president of Strategic Planning and Business Development, said that he also expects many other Japanese game developers to take this route as well.

Could we finally be near the time when PC gaming sees its biggest glory?

I'm also crossing my fingers for a Final Fantasy XIII PC release. I mean, come on... it's already coming out for PS3 and Xbox 360! Doing it for PC is just logical!

Or... at least it's what I'd like to see ^-^
Anchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #13
lightguard12

I believe they should rerelease FFVII and VIII and see if they sell. I bet they would. Then they would respect PC better.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
Cloud8521

how about a re release of all square enix games for pc bundled I WOULD BUY THAT!
Cloud8521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #15
hfett2

I would love to see all the new FF titles being ported for the PC

Yes, i would also buy an Square Enix bundled Pack

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Last Remnant, The