Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 09-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
FreeManSlim

An idea to release a Standalone TF2 disc/XBLA download

Hello again my dear Americans, this is your president FreeManSlim and I think it's time we had a chat.

Now There has been a lot of talk about the DLC on the 360. Some people think it would be best to release TF2 on a standalone disc/XBLA download. But many people agree that by releasing the standalone TF2 it would tear up our already small community. Why? Because half of the community will buy the standalone and the other half won't. So I was playing CoD WaW and I thought of the solution.

UPDATE (zomg)

Yes, another update for The Orange Box. This is what is would be included

-FIX GLITCHES AND BUGS

-Pyro airblast

-Sniper crosshair

-Upgradable dispensers and teleporters

-Refill cloak with ammo packs

-The ability to play servers with the people who have the standalone TF2

-The ability to vote kick someone during a game like L4D

-1 free map Goldrush

The TF2 standalone disc would have everything, the weapons, the maps etc but you could still play with people who don't want to get it

So what do you think

Last edited by FreeManSlim: 09-18-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
CMax

And those who didn't get anything close to an update would uncontrollably.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
Tedthecomando

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeManSlim View Post
Hello again my dear Americans, this is your president FreeManSlim and I think it's time we had a chat.

Now There has been a lot of talk about the DLC on the 360. Some people think it would be best to release TF2 on a standalone disc/XBLA download. But many people agree that by releasing the standalone TF2 it would tear up our already small community. Why? Because half of the community will buy the standalone and the other half won't. So I was playing CoD WaW and I thought of the solution.

UPDATE (zomg)

Yes, another update for The Orange Box. This is what is would be included

-FIX GLITCHES AND BUGS

-Pyro airblast

-Sniper crosshair

-Upgradable dispensers and teleporters

-Refill cloak with ammo packs

-The ability to play servers with the people who have the standalone TF2

-The ability to vote kick someone during a game like L4D

-1 free map Goldrush

The TF2 standalone disc would have everything, the weapons, the maps etc but you could still play with people who don't want to get it

So what do you think
I like this idea....but its sadly not going to happen
Tedthecomando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
rocker25

I can see this idea happening. Rock Band did it. DLC in the marketplace compatible with both games, but you have to buy the second one to get more content.

In all fairness though, I like Frymon's idea better.
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #5
Calvinnation

This would be the best way to do it I think If they were to go down the path of a whole new game, but I think that realeasing a new standalone disc or XBLA the ram problem would still be in effect (although not as bad.) I also think that only giving the one map free is alright but they should also add most of the maps up for download for the original orange box so everyone can play together on all the maps. But one big flaw is if everyone from both versions could play together the original users would still have to download animations of faces, bodies, and guns they would have to download all new voices from characters so if you had to download an update that makes it able to play with people who can play with new weapons(and you couldn't play with new weapons, though possible) It would be a pretty big slap to the face to the original users.
Calvinnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
TheTexanFarmer

Who died and made you president?

Anywho. VALVe has said time and time again that they will not release a Stand-alone TF2 Disc.

I personally do not like this idea, and just wish that some form of DLC would be put through.
TheTexanFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Rusty Bucket

Banned
Dedicated can openers appeared in the 1850s and were of a primitive claw-shaped or "lever-type" design. In 1855, Robert Yeates, a cutlery and surgical instrument maker of Trafalgar Place West, Hackney Road, Middlesex UK, devised the first claw-ended can opener with a hand-operated tool that haggled its way around the top of metal cans.
Rusty Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box