Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
chefwhitey

Thanks for the new patch Valve, YOU RUINED THE GAME!!!!

Valve just ruined l4d for the 360!!!

Random weapon spawns, healthpacks out the ♥♥♥, pills everywhere, more mollies and pipe bombs than you can ever use. WTF Valve.

They just dumbed down the game because they refuse to give 4 vs 4 matchmaking. Do they really think that making the game easier for 4 random people to survive is the answer. Its not!!! If they would of just gavve us 4 vs 4 it wouldnt be just a constant pub stomp every game.

What do you think would happen if you put 4 people that play with each other all the time against 4 people that never played a game with each other. It doesnt take a genius to figure that out!!!

So i guess that you figured that by patching this game to make it as non competitive as possible is the answer. Thanks for ruining the game that i grew to love 2 months before L4D2 comes out. All i know is if the patch doesnt get fixed on the 360 there are going to be a lot of people that arent gonna by L4D2.

And to the PC players, if you guys dont have this patch yet, when you do you guys should hate it just as much as we do. But at least you guys can mod your games to get around it.

PLEASE DONT TURN THIS THREAD INTO PC BETTER THAN 360!!! YOU LIKE YOUR SYSTEM AND WE LIKE OURS, BUT WE BOTH LOVE L4D!!!

GAMEBATTLES FORUM ABOUT NEW PATCH:
http://gamebattles.com/forums/t/New-L4D-Patch-2501566

Old 09-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Grab_N_Pillz

I am in utter shock at the people saying "This game can still be fun!". No, idiots. Not if you play it the way it is suppose to be played (trying to MURDER AND DECAPITATE THE SURVIVORS).

They made it so that there are more common......and also about 5 times as many pipe bombs and molotovs. So in reality, there is probably less of an actual horde that you spend time fighting.

They made it so the boomer can't re-boom. Fine, in my opinion, it should have been fixed when they fixed respawning for a full health bar.

They made it so you can GUARANTEE multiple kits on every level, the public outcry was to make survivors HARDER and they made it DRASTICALLY easier, somehow they managed to do the exact opposite of what they should have done with the patch.

Here's the thing. I've been playing this game since it was released. I watched them screw it up with the first patch, the game was still fun. Sure, survivors were made a ton easier, but the game was still fun, sure instead of fighting tanks with a battered team with no pills or medkits now you're fighting a tank with all green bars, maybe some pills, and a couple mollies, big deal. Then they put in the next patch, multi-tank hits, great, smoker tongue, great, instead of regressing they actually made the gameplay progress a tiny bit, I can admit that despite loathing the patch and always loving how the game came directly from the case.

But this patch, this is the worst patch of any game I've ever played. There is no exaggeration when I say this, this is the absolute worst patch I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. This spans through so many games that I'm just in shock right now. From the moment I started the game and about 50 seconds into the first map on BH1 when my teammates got a great boom on early and the other team had a pipe bomb...and then another pipe bomb....and then another pipe bomb....and then 2 kits...

L4D should be like a bucket full of water. The infected poke holes in that bucket slowly draining the water out until there is nothing left. Unfortunately no matter how many holes the infected poke into this bucket Valve has released the "Valve" and water is pouring out with more tenacity than Niagra Falls and just keeps that bucket full no matter how many or how big of holes you rip in that bucket. They seriously crippled this game and I am so shocked by this patch that I don't know if it will be worth the time and money to play L4D2. I have never seen a game company take a concept and a great game like L4D and brutally mangle it. What hunters do to people in the game, Valve has done to L4D. L4D2 might be a great game, don't get me wrong, I still genuinely deep down hope it is, but there will always be that lingering thought in my head of when are they going to change it and how much? Because I have seen L4D go through an unbelievable metamorphosis in the complete wrong direction. I wish I could post this in that Steam thread because I have played both PC and 360 and I truly don't understand how Valve doesn't take at least some consideration of how competitive (PC or 360) players play the game, there is no doubt in my mind that we play it more the way Valve intended than a bunch of random idiots death racing to the safe room. I'm just mind blown by the fact that PC players have such a deep hatred for 360 players that they can't even come up with the balls to back us up and say hey, Valve, maybe you ARE screwing up the game. Just because they can edit the settings, that is the way they are, I imagine. But this patch is just ludicrous utterly shocked by it. There's no way I can have fun on the game the way it is, competitive or not, and that's a shame because L4D use to be one of the most creative unique intelligent games I've seen and they absolutely destroyed it in less than a year. I really think the game was amazing right out of the box with no patches, I would take power shotting and ghost slashing tenfold over what the game is now. I can only hope and pray that it is some sort of bug and it might be fixed in the future. Just...wow.

Also I have no agenda as far as PC players or Xbox360 players, I think anyone who thinks a PC player is any better or worse than a 360 player is an ignorant moron. This is not about any platform being better than the other this is simply about Valve mutilating my favorite game which I think has unbelievable potential and Valve is just, crazy. I really hope this is a bug and once again this is not whether or not PC is better than Xbox this is about Valve making a very bad move if this is the direction they intended to take Left 4 Dead, I hope this is seriously just a bug and will be fixed soon.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
puckbandit35

Why can't 360 players learn to post in the xbox forum
puckbandit35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #4
Grandmasterka

It's a bug.

Get over yourself.
Grandmasterka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
rykialvh

Banned
lol. 360 players cant aim for beans. Welcome to the jungle
rykialvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
chefwhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmasterka View Post
It's a bug.

Get over yourself.
I hope your right, because this is killing the game for everyone i talk too!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
BlackBelt

I'm so glad PC has Frustians and doesn't have to deal with this.
BlackBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
chefwhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBelt View Post
I'm so glad PC has Frustians and doesn't have to deal with this.
Yeah a bunch of our teams are saying screw the patch and just play starter kits only and saferoom weapons only. All of us wish that we could have those mods. But with all the molly and pipebomb spawns the fame is still ed!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
Snootle

Banned
lol, what new patch?
Snootle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #10
daluxe

I even checked the News section for update news and found nothing about l4d and then realized that it's about xbox.
Seriously
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckbandit35 View Post
Why can't 360 players learn to post in the xbox forum
daluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #11
BROfest

Banned
Hey Xbox players, as far as I can tell we don't go to your forum to complain. It is most likely a bug. Just because it may apply to us in the future, even though it'll probably get fixed before so, we wouldn't go to your forum to complain in the first place.

Are you all conspiring to make even bigger asshats of yourselves of what?
BROfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #12
Bo Peep

All server owners need to do is turn the spawns back down to where they were, problem solved. Either that or use Cevo. I feel bad for the Xbox players stuck on the laggy Valve servers.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
pain-giver

WAHH TEH 360 OWNERZ POSTED IN TEH WRONG L4D FORUMZ
Seriously, that forum is pretty much lifeless since most L4D players post in the main, most active forum, which just so happens to be this one

BUT THIS IS TEH PC FORUMS :'( :'( :'( :'(
And this is a piece of general discussion about L4D
I own the 360 version, yet I don't visit the 360 forums as they are mostly inactive as I just said
Anyway, it clearly states in the OP that this is about the 360 version, and if you took 20 seconds out to read the post, you will realize this as well

Oh and this new 'patch' sucks. Loads of pipebombs does not equal fun.
pain-giver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #14
BROfest

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by pain-giver View Post
WAHH TEH 360 OWNERZ POSTED IN TEH WRONG L4D FORUMZ
Seriously, that forum is pretty much lifeless since most L4D players post in the main, most active forum, which just so happens to be this one

BUT THIS IS TEH PC FORUMS :'( :'( :'( :'(
And this is a piece of general discussion about L4D
I own the 360 version, yet I don't visit the 360 forums as they are mostly inactive as I just said
Anyway, it clearly states in the OP that this is about the 360 version, and if you took 20 seconds out to read the post, you will realize this as well

Oh and this new 'patch' sucks. Loads of pipebombs does not equal fun.
Hey guess what, maybe if you xboxer's would stop posting in the pc forums, and *gasp* actually use your own forum, it possibly wouldn't be dead? Just a thought.

Think of it this way, when you go to some random persons house whom you have never met and just walk right in, do you think they would be happy to see you and ask you stay?
BROfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:08 AM   #15
pain-giver

Nice of you to compare someones house to an internet forum..
The fact is, this is a discussion board, where you discuss things, and this is a L4D discussion board
Hell, I've posted in this forum before even though I was a DIRTY 360 OWNERZ, and surprisingly, I haven't been arrested yet by the INTERWEBZ POLICEZ
Who gives a if this is the wrong section? The OP is just trying to bring this patch to everyones attention, and it just so happens that this board is alot more active then the other one, so please take that stick out of your elitist bottom as this was actually a thread that was constructive, and not just a whole lot of moaning before people started coming in to try and stroke their E-penises with "LOL 360"
pain-giver is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead