Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Goldy

Need help

What do i change for BIOS if i wanna safely bring my PII 955 to 3.6? Too lazy to find out myself

Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
freeloader105

Just go thru each setting, setting it to the max value, then wait and see if anything *feels* better or faster or if your computer bursts in flames.

Just kidding. Seriously, though, your attitude seems like a little reckless.

But what I can tell you with limited OC experience is to either raise the FSB/hypertransport or the multiplier in order to obtain a higher clock speed.

You may be able to raise the clock speed by a varying amount before you need to resort to raising voltages. In any case, you need to pay close attention to your temperatures using an app like CoreTemp or Real Temp. Sometimes temperatures jump significantly with even a minimal voltage increase. That's why it's not bad to OC as much as you can w/o raising the voltage. That's what worked for me anyway.
freeloader105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
PotShotScott

I'm too lazy to post settings. Please let me know when you get to 3.6. I'd like to OC my 940 but like you am too lazy.
PotShotScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
Johnerz

I'm to lazy to help got mine to 3.6 before I upgraded, but I was willing to learn - no free meals from me
Old 09-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
jdenn

just bump up the cpu multiplier a few ticks and you should be able to get that no problem
jdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
What do i change for BIOS if i wanna safely bring my PII 955 to 3.6? Too lazy to find out myself
really !!! hmmm..maybe we should be too lazy to help you Goldy..

We are happy to help...but were not doing your work for you.

I'd say come back after you have done some research yourself..put a post in with the information you have found yourself..and then we will help you..

This is the Steam Users forums...not the Steam we want to be used forums.
crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems