Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
Dead_heaD17

catalyst drivers wont install windows vista

So I've just finished installing my hd 4870 card and its all running fine, except when i try to install the catalyst drivers when it gets to the actual installing part it suddenly crashes and says the program closed. the fix vista found says it has something to do with visual studio but not sure if i wanna downloading the file and mess around with it just yet.

also im running vista 32.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
lhwj

So the built in Windows error reporting suggested that you do something with Visual Studio? Do it then, there can't be any harm.

In the meantime patch your Vista to SP2, install all critical updates and try the driver only instead of the whole Catalyst package (25.6 MB file): http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...common-vista32

Luke
lhwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Dead_heaD17

the comps fully updated sp2 and all. but yeah im gonna try just doing the drivers and the vista fix see if it helps.

hmm just found an nvidia folder from my last graphics card possible that it didnt unistall properly and is causing the problems?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
lhwj

Could be. Use DriverSweeper to make sure it's uninstalled fully.

Luke
lhwj is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems