Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Zero1

Lightbulb Please Read

Hello,

Really need to get something done about the progress bar for downloading games, the games today are huge and can take several hours to download. I’m downloading a game now which is 13847 MB in size and all steam is saying is download starting… Well download started 3 hours ago and has not stopped yet, and I have no idea when it will finish or how much of the 13847 MB has been downloaded.

Does anyone else think it would be nice to set the window size in steam, it always starts at a set size. I would like to set the my games window so that I can see all of my games without having to maximize it or adjust it every time I start steam.

Is there a forum or any way of telling which of (if any) ideas are being considered by steam staff for the next release.

I’m new here so I hope some of it makes sense.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
M3rC3n4rY_M4n

Well if while the game is downloading you launch it, it will pop up a window that will have a expected time to finish, in hours. So thats always nice to watch and wait...and wait....and wait some more... although its still better then going to store and buying the Cd. Took me 2 days over night to download fear 2 and section 8?

Last edited by M3rC3n4rY_M4n: 09-25-2009 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo's
Old 09-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #3
Zero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3rC3n4rY_M4n View Post
Well if while the game is downloading you launch it, it will pop up a window that will have a expected time to finish, in hours. So thats always nice to watch and wait...and wait....and wait some more... although its still better then going to store and buying the Cd. Took me 2 days over night to download fear 2 and section 8?
I'm downloading fear 2 now (sigh) I must agree a lot better than going to the store
Zero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
hachach

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
I'm downloading fear 2 now (sigh) I must agree a lot better than going to the store
Well it's a great game, so it's worth the waiting
hachach is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas