Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion

Old 09-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
VoXeR

Aion Keeps Crashing

At first this didn't happen too often... Just now I'm off Aion due to a crash... Crash before occured 5 minutes ago... I have no idea what it is.. just freezes and "Aion stopped working, finding solution" and then the crashlogsend thing pops up...

Any solution to this? It's REALLY annoying now...
Old 09-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
XenivouS

Ive noticed that mine crashes too then i hit the steam overlay and instant crash. Im going to run the game without the steam overlay and see if it happens again.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
Freyar

I do know that if you set your texture settings and stuff to high you WILL crash.
Freyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #4
VoXeR

I got the tip of doing a "Repair" check via the NCSoft launcher... Will see if that works.

I doubt I'm taking the graphics too high...
VoXeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
Malk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoXeR View Post
At first this didn't happen too often... Just now I'm off Aion due to a crash... Crash before occured 5 minutes ago... I have no idea what it is.. just freezes and "Aion stopped working, finding solution" and then the crashlogsend thing pops up...

Any solution to this? It's REALLY annoying now...
I also have very frequent crashes, this wasnt a problem in OB, but after launch im crashing several times pr day, its allways in crowded areas as far as i can tell.
And it looks like its the crysystem.dll every time.

Just remember to send the bug report to ncsoft every time it pops up after crashes.
Malk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
VoXeR

I do that yes... Haven't had a crash now in the "Small hours" since it's not crowded... Worst is Eltnen Fortress... Small building, LOTS of people... Almost always over 40-50 people...
Old 09-27-2009, 10:25 AM   #7
VoXeR

I read around on the web... Came to the conclusion that NCSoft has made a few tweaks to the Cryengine, compressing and stuff... When you're in a crowded place, let's say a town, there are A LOT of compressed textures and this makes the ATI cards overload in some way and makes the game crash...

Only way I know to prevent this so far is putting everything on very low (Might not always work) or pressing "Shift+F12" which will remove all players, just see the floating names... Not too fun of a solution but still worth it I guess...
Old 09-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
Sicilianblooded

my game never crashed
maybe if u are on vista try to disable aero and antivirus
Old 09-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
Freyar

For the sake of dining a more long-term option, turn down your texture settings and model settings.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
VoXeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
For the sake of dining a more long-term option, turn down your texture settings and model settings.
I'd rather use the Shift+F12 solution until it has been fixed... But if it doesn't get fixed... Well... Then I might consider turning the texture down.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #11
lockwoodx

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
I do know that if you set your texture settings and stuff to high you WILL crash.
Don't you mean "too" high? Anyways according to you, if you want to enjoy the game you cannot experience it like it was ment to. I mean seriously if you turn down the graphics to crap then Aion is just another Age of Conan. You can't discount one of the highest selling points of the game. If Aion didn't have nice graphics then people would just claim it's a final fantasy clone.
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #12
Freyar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodx View Post
Don't you mean "too" high? Anyways according to you, if you want to enjoy the game you cannot experience it like it was ment to. I mean seriously if you turn down the graphics to crap then Aion is just another Age of Conan. You can't discount one of the highest selling points of the game. If Aion didn't have nice graphics then people would just claim it's a final fantasy clone.
It's up to you to know how well you can stretch the video RAM you have. If you try and stuff too much into it it will crash, it's as simple as that.

You quoted me and I see what happened. I wrote 'to' instead of 'too'. Grammatical error.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
andy1911

i have a high end GPU and it still crashes.
my GPU can play this on max setting with no sweat its not down to my GPU its the game which the issue is with.

ATI 4870x2
andy1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
lockwoodx

Banned
Honestly it doesn't matter much how pretty the game is anymore. People are leaving in droves due to what a boring grind it is. The economy is on the verge of blowing up because everyone buys gold, and the pvp didn't deliver. The graphics never really get that great either and all it takes is more than 10 people on the screen to turn it into a lag fest worse than Warhammer Online's keep sieges.
lockwoodx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
Simbot

A trick you can use while in Eltnen Fortress and while attacking/defending a fortress in the Abyss is to do "Shift+F12" it will hide other players models where you only see the name. The bad part is you won't be able to click on friendly targets unless there in the same group.
Simbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion