Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Windosill

Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #1
dittohead

Windosill WOW what a concept!

Wow, Windosill is a new type of game! For just $2.99 you get this MICROgame! Yay! What's next? I'll tell you. I'm writing a game that displays a single pixel on the screen when you launch it. THAT'S IT. I'm releasing it on Steam and charging $0.01 for it.

My point? These indie games are starting to get ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept but if you game is SO SMALL it's only worth a couple dollars why bother?

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Mavi222

you are strange, I enjoyed this little lovely game so much, it's totally worth the money it costs... <3 great artistic game
Mavi222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Deniz

I'd definitely buy it for $5 if it was longer... like at least 5X longer. I tried the flash game and it was way too short and according to the official site, that's (almost) half of the game...
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #4
Centy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittohead View Post
Wow, Windosill is a new type of game! For just $2.99 you get this MICROgame! Yay! What's next? I'll tell you. I'm writing a game that displays a single pixel on the screen when you launch it. THAT'S IT. I'm releasing it on Steam and charging $0.01 for it.

My point? These indie games are starting to get ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept but if you game is SO SMALL it's only worth a couple dollars why bother?
Yeah you really appear to have missed the point here its not about how large the install is or how long the game lasts its about the enjoyment you get from it. You say it yourself you love the concept well that's what you're paying for.

Steam doesn't just sell any old rubbish the people running it vet each game before it can be on steam otherwise the whole place would be bogged down with rubbish little flash games costing 99p each. I love that Steam has Windosill I can only hope that Vectorpark release a pack of all their games at the same suitable price because I would snap that up in a second.
Centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Psamathos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centy View Post
Steam doesn't just sell any old rubbish
Oh, really?
http://store.steampowered.com/search...isher=ValuSoft
Psamathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #6
mLegion

These short indie games are more about finding out if certain game concept will sell or not, hence why they're short and cheap. The companies are just seeing 'will people pay money for a game based on idea X'.
mLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:15 AM   #7
HowlinMadMurdoc

i would pay more money for a larger game with more levels. I really hope they do!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:02 AM   #8
katarax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psamathos View Post
yup, serious junk.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
merk23

Banned
are you joking me?! mission runway is so amazing! i could play it for hours. i prefer it over all my other games. its got so much depth and so much to do. but windosill, is a great game. im glad i spent the money on it. the concept was great and i like its artistic value.
merk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
stnp255

Me and my friend(who's female) was bored one night and I decided to buy this small little game for each of us as a joke. We tried it out at the same time while being on skype to talk to each other.
Both of us were amazed how great this game is. Us playing it together, waiting for the other to finish a level, having a good time, is one of the best memories I have between us to date. I would pay triple the amount of money if not more for the same kind of thing.

Due to having that memory of it makes this one of my most cherished games ever.

I would recommend it to anyone.
stnp255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
ACROCENTRIC

Arrow My 2 Sense

Well, for someone who played the game, I'm not sure what you missed exactly, it was a incredibly well done game, there have been few games with puzzles this good since Braid or... or... ehh nevermind, but its just a really nice game and the reason its so ridiculously small is because its a indie. Really enough said, but for you dorks who like to post on topics you have no understanding of "indie" as we all know and love literally means independent, and means the people who make these game aren't with massive publishers and don't have the equalivent of a zombie army in programmers to build there games so they are really really small, and thats the whole point of indie, is that they are small but they're ingenius because the people who make them aren't zombies and aren't bent on making millions and end up making much more enjoyable games, not those other things EA and Ubisoft like to shove in our faces as the best thing ever. Theres more to this but to go any futhur would be of topic and a little more typing from me and people are going to start tl;dr-ing me...

dittohead you're not a person I regard with much enthusiasm- -hope that isn't to big a word...

Last edited by ACROCENTRIC: 05-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:21 AM   #12
gentakojima

The problem with Windosill is that's not a game. Where's the challenge? It feels more like an experimental multimedia website. Beautifully done, that's right, but it's not worth the 3$ for me. Sorry guys, no offense!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 AM   #13
Vighorus

my feelings exactly, doesnt feel like a game and it's not really a game more of a flash test with physics...not worth 3$
Vighorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
Kirkpad

Yeah, except VectorPark is an esteemed flash game developer. If other developers can sell their flash games on the App Store for 2.99, why can't this guy do it on the steam store? In my opinion, this game is a lot better than some of the 2.99 toys you can buy for your iPhone.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
DrKersh

Awesome game, too short but nice.
DrKersh is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Windosill