Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
bes

RaidMAX Case question...

I want to get one of them new HD5000 series cards but people are saying its rather large(my HD4000 series card has about 1 1/2 inches left before it hits the drives)..

Does anyone have a Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black case?

And has anyone bought a HD5000 series card and tried to fit it in there?

I also think it would fit if I could take out the bottom drive bracket ...it looks like it can come out, but it its not...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
Yes the new DX11 ATI/NVIDIA cards coming out will fit in that case. They extend out to about the end of the motherboard/mounting tray. In most cases people shouldn't have an issue if it's being added a good custom case or custom build. In a standard Dell/HP or other retail system, unless it's a nice sized full tower, you will have issues with the card fitting. For the Raidmax, which I sell about 10 different models of their brand case. The new cards will fit fine. Most likely will have to leave that HD space open that the video card is going to come close to, due to the extended length of the newer video cards, other then that you should be fine.

It's also not a bad budget case all-around either and made more for gamers and those looking to use a beefy 3rd party power supply, which is why the case doesn't come with one already. It's also good for the Newegg price too, as it comes with all the needed fans, already included. The right side panel also comes off, which the MB mounting tray is attached to, making installing your MB much easier then most cases. When doing this, simply install your CPU/Heatsink/RAM on your MB first, then mount that into the easy tray with the rear bracket from your MB. Once mounted, reinstall the side panel and then start installing your cables and video card. Makes for a pretty easy to use setup.

Last edited by rotNdude: 10-01-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: double post, learn to use the edit feature
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
bes

Cool... thanks for the quick and helpful reply

I didnt want to get the card and then have to buy a new case too..
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
Bad_Motha

Banned
Anytime!

Also what motherboard do you have? I'd like to see if the card is going to perhaps block any of the motherboard's connections?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
bes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
Anytime!

Also what motherboard do you have? I'd like to see if the card is going to perhaps block any of the motherboard's connections?
M4A79XTD EVO http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_I...WHm&templete=2
bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Bad_Motha

Banned
Ok, nice motherboard! Yes you'll be just fine with either single or dual cards on this MB as this MB has the 90-degree IDE/SATA connections and not the normal flat ones, which some video cards can block.

Happy gaming!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems