Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Swordsman

Removing credit card things from Steam

So, yesterday i bought Half-Life 1 via Steam... and today i accidentally clicked on left 4 dead 2's "add to cart", when i was going to remove it, everything from yesterday was saved (credit card number, name, adress, etc), ready to buy... i don't want this, is there a way to remove it?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Dodel

In order to delete your credit card information, instead of using the drop down menu in Steam, click on the Store tab, then click on "My Account" in the top right hand corner. You should see a credit card information line of text; you can then click "delete" in order to erase this info.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Swordsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodel View Post
In order to delete your credit card information, instead of using the drop down menu in Steam, click on the Store tab, then click on "My Account" in the top right hand corner. You should see a credit card information line of text; you can then click "delete" in order to erase this info.
Worked, Thanks +rep cookie
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
Kuari

Sorry for necro, but I'm trying to do the same and all that comes up for me is my purchase history, I can't find the credit card stuff.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #5
brian563

It should be the first line listed and right under the "Payment Method" section, which is above the "Licenses and Subscriptions" and "Recent Steam Store Transactions" sections.

Are you using the Steam client or a web browser? If you use the Steam client, you might want to try logging in in Firefox at least to troubleshoot as I believe that the Steam browser uses Internet Explorer to render.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Axess626

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian563 View Post
It should be the first line listed and right under the "Payment Method" section, which is above the "Licenses and Subscriptions" and "Recent Steam Store Transactions" sections.

Are you using the Steam client or a web browser? If you use the Steam client, you might want to try logging in in Firefox at least to troubleshoot as I believe that the Steam browser uses Internet Explorer to render.

Hope this helps.
I cannot find that anywhere

I used google chrome, firefox, internet explorer, and the steam client but it does not appear anywhere .

I bought TF2 yesterday and all I had to click on was purchase, I didn't even put in any billing information, I don't like that one bit. I want to delete all the data that was store in terms of credit card numbers and such but I cannot find where.

What I've tried:
Going to http://store.steampowered.com/
Login in on the top right
Clicking on My Account
It only shows my history of purchases and does not present any option to deleting my billing info. It only shows, Licenses and subscriptions (with Item and Acquisition Method), and Recent Steam Store Transactions (with Date, Items, Event, Total). None are clickable and none show any billing information that can be edited or deleted.

Please help in getting my information off the server, thank you.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #7
Roujo

For me, it was just under "+Add Funds to your Steam Wallet" on the right of the screen. There was a "XXXXXXX ending in XXXX" entry, with a nice "delete" button right next to it. =3
Roujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #8
Vaskania

Do it through the steam app, not the website.
Click the YourName's Account up in the upper right next to the new envelope icon. It should be in there on the right hand side.
Vaskania is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips