Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Bethesda

Old 10-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Haxton Sale

Post a reason why you love Bethesda?

I love the way they release games. It's so great. Its just out of the blue.

Oh yeah, we've been working on this game for a while. Heres what its about and heres screenshots. Oh yeah you can buy it in 4 months.

<3

Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Hildolf

Morrowind.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
Barlk

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildolf View Post
Morrowind.
This.
10Rollies
Barlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Kemdrath

Yeah, Morrowind was amazing, but I just really love how Bethesda games are always so expansive and deep, and so open. Some of the best RPGs, and even FPS (no s) have been from them.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
GoDevs

Banned
I love how they make games full of empty holes purely designed for DLC. Oblivion had all these locked doors which couldn't be accessed no matter what you did, it also had these strange alters all over the place. Then one day some DLC arrives and (shock!) all of that stuff was unlocked and explained ...

Same with Fallout 3. Oh there's an aliens wreckage .. I wonder what that does.. Absolutely nothing UNTIL you get a DLC pack .. lol

Bethesda = Milk.
GoDevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Washell

Arena: Size of the world
Daggerfall: Size of a continent
Morrowind: Size of a country
Oblivion: Size of a city
Elder Scrolls V: Size of a postage stamp?

Love Bethesda? Nope. Morrowind had a nice balance in size vs content. Oblivion was console fodder. Given the current state of the market, I have little hope the next title will be anything other than console fodder too.
Washell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
Locutus of Borg

Bethesda are awful
Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
ribbins

they have created one of the best games ever. (morrowind.) oblivion was pretty good too but it lacks of content and orginality.
ribbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
SnugL4D

Elderscrolls series. Thought Morrowind was much better then Oblivion. but I have high hopes for Elder scrolls 5. (if they even make it)

Thing is they did a lot of good things in oblivion that i wanted. The combat is very satisfying, Horses, Voice acting. ect They just messed up on some other important aspects. If they were to learn from there mistakes with Oblivion and combine the good from Morrowind. We'd have the best RPG ever.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Topless Granny

Their games are awesome
Topless Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
GrinnyJimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevs View Post
I love how they make games full of empty holes purely designed for DLC. Oblivion had all these locked doors which couldn't be accessed no matter what you did, it also had these strange alters all over the place. Then one day some DLC arrives and (shock!) all of that stuff was unlocked and explained ...

Same with Fallout 3. Oh there's an aliens wreckage .. I wonder what that does.. Absolutely nothing UNTIL you get a DLC pack .. lol

Bethesda = Milk.
The alien ship did do something. It gave you the Alien blaster.
I never spotted any "locked doors which couldn't be accessed no matter what you did".
The DLC just adds to an already expansive game.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #12
sweatie6920

Morrowind was epic, and is still better than the newer games they make, they should seriously remake that game.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Master_Odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatie6920 View Post
Morrowind was epic, and is still better than the newer games they make, they should seriously remake that game.
Why would they waste the time to remake a game that's still fairly easy to acquire?

In any case, I like Bethesda for reviving Fallout series (even if I still like the originals better). However, their release so much DLC that either you pay for the game twice to get all the DLC or wait a year for the GOTY edition is annoying at best.
Master_Odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:40 AM   #14
lonfar

Free Roaming! oblivion and Fallout 3 i love so much since you can mod as well as have various places to go with quests
lonfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
maturin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDevs View Post

Bethesda = Milk.
Oblivion had precisely *one* locked door. And the altars already had a purpose.

Morrowind had free DLC. One of the devs even made unofficial mods for the game. Most importantly, back then Bethesda managed to write really good fantasy in the context of a clunky RPG. And I mean unique, unusual stuff. None of these Gears of War novelization industry hack jobs.
maturin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Bethesda