Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
AoYsmok3

Red face Steam not loading up

Today is 10/24/09

Yesterday (10/23/09) my steam was working fine. Started up with windows, and was playing normally. TODAY though when I booted up my pc I noticed Steam was trying to do an update. Which is fine but it only gets to 27% and then starts over back to 0% and tries this 3 times but then finally gives me the message of "Steam is Temporarily Unavailable". My brother who runs steam as well and is on my same internet connection is having no issues with steam at all.

I have tried uninstalling steam and reinstalling it, but again when it gets to the "Updating Steam platform" it only gets to 27% and starts over for 3 tries then quits.

I do not understand what is wrong here, and I am hoping I can get some REAL help from anyone on this forum. I have posted here before in the past and go no help at all.

Please if any USERS out there have had this issue and fixed it please let me know. Or if by a miracle an actual staff member of valve/steam is on please find it in your heart to respond to this cry for HELP!

Thank you all.

~SMOKE

Last edited by AoYsmok3: 10-24-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #2
>X<

Banned
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=995592 read this one mate
>X< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #3
AoYsmok3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by >X< View Post
Wow Great! Thank you so much! Found the solution in that thread

Thanks again! My hope is returned!

~Smoke
Old 10-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #4
fortressfiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoYsmok3 View Post
Wow Great! Thank you so much! Found the solution in that thread

Thanks again! My hope is returned!

~Smoke
Least you could do is say what u did to fix your issue. As anyone knows, when they get errors, they go to google. Then spend time reading various forums and posters saying thanks, not mentioning the fix.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #5
AoYsmok3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressfiles View Post
Least you could do is say what u did to fix your issue. As anyone knows, when they get errors, they go to google. Then spend time reading various forums and posters saying thanks, not mentioning the fix.
... ok then i thought it was obvious. It was in the thread >X< linked me too. I followed all the steps in that thread until one of them got my steam working.

In my case (and this wont be the same for everyone) I renamed my steam folder "steam2", deleted my registry keys for valve/steam, and deleted my .blob files in my steam folder ... then I right clicked on my steam.exe and ran as administrator. Then it worked!

If you read the thread you'll see what I did.

Is that better for you?

Last edited by AoYsmok3: 10-25-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips