Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
Yoshiro

Tripwire Interactive
Known RO:O Errors/problems + Fixes (Now with Norton Fix)

Please view the following thread located on the Red Orchestra forums:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ead.php?t=7282

Last edited by Yoshiro: 06-05-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
nomis23uk

any fixes for....

connected and playing and having fun then all of a suddon crashes and turns monitor into stand by?

i dont have zone alarm installed.

I use the xp firewall and avg....dont see how they would be a problem.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
Yoshiro

Tripwire Interactive
Post your redorchestra.log file found in your RO/System folder in the bug report area of the Red Orchestra forums.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #4
Sznake

sticky pls!

But yeah, thanks for the post. Solved my "doesnt do anything when opened" prob.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
nomis23uk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoshiro
Post your redorchestra.log file found in your RO/System folder in the bug report area of the Red Orchestra forums.
do you mean.... redorchestra configuration settings? thats the only kinda file with the word redorchestra i see in my system folder.

EDIT: ah dont worry think ive found wot ur on about ok right better sign up to the RO forums hehe

Old 03-14-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
Miniu

Im getting this message after verifying game integrity cache and finshed downloading : " game is currently unavailable please try again later ".

Old 03-14-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
nomis23uk

Dear Yoshiro, and other steampowered members who like to solve my crashing problem...

just letting you know I have posted my problem in the report a bug sectio on the RO forums the link can be found below...

http://redorchestragame.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=2939p

Old 03-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #8
protoclown

I am getting the "Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed" error when trying to start RO.

I am running Norton AV 2006, no Norton Internet Security (although elements of AV 2006 cover certain functions that Norton IS would cover as well). Problem is that there are certain Norton services I cannot stop through the Task Manager.

I stopped what I could, deleted the blob file and restarted Steam. Still get the error. I have also verified my cache. Any other suggestions?

I was really looking forward to playing this, considering I preloaded. Now I am beginning to think getting the game at launch was a mistake, should have waited until these issues were ironed out.

Last edited by protoclown: 03-14-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
CommanderZx2

Error: When I launch RO, my computer crashes/reboots
Fix1: Install a newer version of Zone Alarm on your system or remove it.
Fix2: Open ZA, go to program tab then to program control and add the RO executable (steamapps/RO/system), set it to super trusted (3 green bars) and allow server access. Then send ZA to tray and launch RO, after a min it will load

That is not a solution, removing third party software that should not even be affecting it is not a "Fix".
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #10
Flinch

Same thing here, when I try and run the game, it reboots my machine. Just played FEAR-BF2, to see if it was my system, nope, it's the damn game. Looks as though I'll be looking for a refund since none of the above fixes have done a thing.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:44 PM   #11
cpu_for_brain

Another fix for the too blurry thing is to crank up the aa on your gfx settings (if you card can handle it). I use 8x and omg it looks so much better.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:27 AM   #12
nomis23uk

Quote:
Originally posted by CommanderZx2
Error: When I launch RO, my computer crashes/reboots
Fix1: Install a newer version of Zone Alarm on your system or remove it.
Fix2: Open ZA, go to program tab then to program control and add the RO executable (steamapps/RO/system), set it to super trusted (3 green bars) and allow server access. Then send ZA to tray and launch RO, after a min it will load

That is not a solution, removing third party software that should not even be affecting it is not a "Fix".
that doesnt do anything for my crashing problem.... I dont even have zone alarm installed for starters.

how long do you think we will have to wait for a fix? is it worth asking for my money back? its a great game and I liked it for the short time i could play it...but really there aint much point paying for somthing that u cant play.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:36 AM   #13
SteQ

ERROR!

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2255 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video

SetFilePointer Failed 64/2697509: 64 The system cannot find the path specified.

History: FArchiveFileReader::Seek <- ULinkerLoad::Seek <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What the hell? it wont even load

Old 03-15-2006, 04:50 AM   #14
nomis23uk

think we just have to wait for a fix....

Old 03-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #15
smmeggy

Angry

yep same for me, tryed all the above and game still just causes pc to reboot when i try to start it. ?
not very happy as i paid for this some weeks ago and now i still cant play it, well its off to the store from now on when i want a new game.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Orchestra series > Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45